Course of Study

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gecko18

Course of Study

Postby gecko18 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 am

Hey all,
I realize this is a strange predicament but I'm torn between two academic minors. I graduate this semester and could earn either one (but not both), have a strong basis in both, and don't feel particularly strongly toward either one. I'm your typical social science major, and I'm between a marketing minor and a childhood studies minor. I want to work in international human rights law. I realize that marketing isn't especially applicable to law, but does it make me a bit more interesting of a candidate to have social science and then business? Or would childhood studies look better, because I could focus on child populations within the legal field? Please let me know what you think, I'm just trying to make a decision.

cavalier1138

Re: Course of Study

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:38 am

Will not have any impact on your applications or your future career.

rachelac

Postby rachelac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 am

gecko18 wrote:Hey all,
I realize this is a strange predicament but I'm torn between two academic minors. I graduate this semester and could earn either one (but not both), have a strong basis in both, and don't feel particularly strongly toward either one. I'm your typical social science major, and I'm between a marketing minor and a childhood studies minor. I want to work in international human rights law. I realize that marketing isn't especially applicable to law, but does it make me a bit more interesting of a candidate to have social science and then business? Or would childhood studies look better, because I could focus on child populations within the legal field? Please let me know what you think, I'm just trying to make a decision.

I haven't seen a single app that asks for your minors or even has a spot for you to list them, so do whatever seems more interesting to you!

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:40 am

It doesn't really matter.

Pick whichever of the two best interests you and the one you can get high grades in!

snowball2

Postby snowball2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:00 am

Nobody cares as long as you get a degree.

gecko18

Postby gecko18 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks all! I went with the one that I'm closer to finishing. :wink:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”