Securing an interview?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HLShopeful12345

Securing an interview?

Postby HLShopeful12345 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:09 am

What can an applicant do to land an interview? I know generally applicants who have a really strong resumes/WE/ applications and lower(ish) numbers are usually the ones to score interviews. But is there anything you can do in your application process to increase your likelihood ?

I've heard of applications to Georgetown being invited to group interviews... any ideas on how that works?

BlendedUnicorn

Re: Securing an interview?

Postby BlendedUnicorn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:26 pm

HLShopeful12345 wrote:What can an applicant do to land an interview? I know generally applicants who have a really strong resumes/WE/ applications and lower(ish) numbers are usually the ones to score interviews. But is there anything you can do in your application process to increase your likelihood ?

I've heard of applications to Georgetown being invited to group interviews... any ideas on how that works?

Having the numbers a school's looking for is really the answer here.

HLShopeful12345

Re: Securing an interview?

Postby HLShopeful12345 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:11 pm

BlendedUnicorn wrote:
HLShopeful12345 wrote:What can an applicant do to land an interview? I know generally applicants who have a really strong resumes/WE/ applications and lower(ish) numbers are usually the ones to score interviews. But is there anything you can do in your application process to increase your likelihood ?

Having the numbers a school's looking for is really the answer here.

Thanks! I think my numbers put me in as a splitter.. 170+ LSAT and 3.2 GPA, with 4 years WE + URM. Like most people (I assume), I think I give better first impressions in person than paper/numbers. Here's to hoping haha.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”