CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby principalagent » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:43 pm

poptart123 wrote:
porzingis3 wrote:Yup Fall 2017 entering class. I have picture of it so it's definitely legit.


http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... Report.pdf


Isn't this last year?

porzingis3
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby porzingis3 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:02 pm

poptart123 wrote:
porzingis3 wrote:Yup Fall 2017 entering class. I have picture of it so it's definitely legit.


http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... Report.pdf



I mean I have a picture of the pamphlet so which is correct?

cavalier1138
Posts: 4616
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:16 pm

porzingis3 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
porzingis3 wrote:Yup Fall 2017 entering class. I have picture of it so it's definitely legit.


http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... Report.pdf



I mean I have a picture of the pamphlet so which is correct?


The 509 form is the 2016 version, and it sounds like the pamphlet is using those statistics (especially since NYU's website hasn't even been updated with the new numbers). I imagine that you either misread the pamphlet or that someone mixed up the class year when typing it up.

Keilz
Posts: 2304
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Keilz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:04 pm

porzingis3 wrote:.


How many students does the pamphlet say are enrolled in 1st year? 431 was last year. can use that to determine, because they told us 429 at orientation

porzingis3
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby porzingis3 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Keilz wrote:
porzingis3 wrote:.


How many students does the pamphlet say are enrolled in 1st year? 431 was last year. can use that to determine, because they told us 429 at orientation


It says 425 students enrolled.

porzingis3
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby porzingis3 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:27 pm


Keilz
Posts: 2304
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Keilz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 pm

porzingis3 wrote:https://ibb.co/jH8mR5


Yeah that's def a new pamphlet. Maybe the four people who left brought the 75%th down? Lol

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1964
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby emkay625 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Where did the 168 for Northwestern that's in the spreadsheet come from?

User avatar
doggozeg
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby doggozeg » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:32 pm

I noticed Uchicago is just starting today while other schools started a month ago. How does that work?

User avatar
icechicken
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby icechicken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:48 pm

doggozeg wrote:I noticed Uchicago is just starting today while other schools started a month ago. How does that work?


Quarter system.

Wipfelder
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Wipfelder » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm

emkay625 wrote:Where did the 168 for Northwestern that's in the spreadsheet come from?

carsondalywashere
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby carsondalywashere » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Wipfelder wrote:
emkay625 wrote:Where did the 168 for Northwestern that's in the spreadsheet come from?

Huskies13!
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Huskies13! wrote:Maryland:
http://www.law.umaryland.edu/about/feat ... eature=514
212 (up 14)

Updated:
http://www.law.umaryland.edu/about/facts.html
Size 207 (+9)
LSAT 157 (-1)
GPA: 3.51 (+.04)

Huskies13!
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re:

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:28 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:Okay going into orientation BC is

medians
LSAT 163
GPA 3.61

People can leave and things can change for all these schools fyi, which is why some wait. But there you go!


Confirming:
https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/schools/law/about/facts.html
Number of applicants: 4,810 (+290)
Enrolled students: 251 (+4)
Median GPA: 3.61 (+.11)
25th percentile: 3.44 (+.12)
75th percentile: 3.68 (+.03)
Median LSAT: 163 (0)
25th percentile: 162 (+1)
75th percentile: 164 (+1)

Huskies13!
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Chicago:
https://www.law.uchicago.edu/files/Admi ... 017-18.pdf
Size: 188 (+3)
LSAT 75th Percentile 172 (0)
LSAT Median 170 (0)
LSAT 25th Percentile 166 (0)
GPA 75th Percentile 3.95 (0)
GPA Median 3.90 (0)
GPA 25th Percentile 3.73 (0)

BU2014
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Re: Re:

Postby BU2014 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Huskies13! wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:Okay going into orientation BC is

medians
LSAT 163
GPA 3.61

People can leave and things can change for all these schools fyi, which is why some wait. But there you go!


Confirming:
https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/schools/law/about/facts.html
Number of applicants: 4,810 (+290)
Enrolled students: 251 (+4)
Median GPA: 3.61 (+.11)
25th percentile: 3.44 (+.12)
75th percentile: 3.68 (+.03)
Median LSAT: 163 (0)
25th percentile: 162 (+1)
75th percentile: 164 (+1)


The constant GPA hikes is a trend that's making me nervous as someone applying this cycle...

User avatar
icechicken
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby icechicken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:55 pm



That consistency is impressive, but:

Chicago Law Admissions Profile wrote:LSAT 75th Percentile: 172
LSAT Median: 170
LSAT 25th Percentile: 166
LSAT Range: 156-179


Must've stung not being able to put 180 there

User avatar
twiix
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby twiix » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 pm

icechicken wrote:


That consistency is impressive, but:

Chicago Law Admissions Profile wrote:LSAT 75th Percentile: 172
LSAT Median: 170
LSAT 25th Percentile: 166
LSAT Range: 156-179


Must've stung not being able to put 180 there


A low of 156? What the fuck? I feel like even if I was an Olympic athlete with a Noble Prize in Science w/ a 4.1 GPA and multiple PHD's I still couldn't get in there with a 156.

vonrus1
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:59 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby vonrus1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:37 pm

twiix wrote:
icechicken wrote:


That consistency is impressive, but:

Chicago Law Admissions Profile wrote:LSAT 75th Percentile: 172
LSAT Median: 170
LSAT 25th Percentile: 166
LSAT Range: 156-179


Must've stung not being able to put 180 there


A low of 156? What the fuck? I feel like even if I was an Olympic athlete with a Noble Prize in Science w/ a 4.1 GPA and multiple PHD's I still couldn't get in there with a 156.



You can go ahead and add "President's daughter" to that list, apparently.

sparkytrainer
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:32 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby sparkytrainer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:41 pm

vonrus1 wrote:
twiix wrote:
icechicken wrote:


That consistency is impressive, but:

Chicago Law Admissions Profile wrote:LSAT 75th Percentile: 172
LSAT Median: 170
LSAT 25th Percentile: 166
LSAT Range: 156-179


Must've stung not being able to put 180 there


A low of 156? What the fuck? I feel like even if I was an Olympic athlete with a Noble Prize in Science w/ a 4.1 GPA and multiple PHD's I still couldn't get in there with a 156.



You can go ahead and add "President's daughter" to that list, apparently.


I'm fairly certain she struck out from the t10

User avatar
Iwanttolawschool
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Iwanttolawschool » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:52 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
vonrus1 wrote:
twiix wrote:
icechicken wrote:


That consistency is impressive, but:

Chicago Law Admissions Profile wrote:LSAT 75th Percentile: 172
LSAT Median: 170
LSAT 25th Percentile: 166
LSAT Range: 156-179


Must've stung not being able to put 180 there


A low of 156? What the fuck? I feel like even if I was an Olympic athlete with a Noble Prize in Science w/ a 4.1 GPA and multiple PHD's I still couldn't get in there with a 156.



You can go ahead and add "President's daughter" to that list, apparently.


I'm fairly certain she struck out from the t10


She toured many T13 schools, including Harvard. But I suppose there isn't anything stopping someone from touring even though they aren't admitted.

sparkytrainer
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:32 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby sparkytrainer » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Iwanttolawschool wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
vonrus1 wrote:
twiix wrote:
icechicken wrote:


That consistency is impressive, but:

Chicago Law Admissions Profile wrote:LSAT 75th Percentile: 172
LSAT Median: 170
LSAT 25th Percentile: 166
LSAT Range: 156-179


Must've stung not being able to put 180 there


A low of 156? What the fuck? I feel like even if I was an Olympic athlete with a Noble Prize in Science w/ a 4.1 GPA and multiple PHD's I still couldn't get in there with a 156.



You can go ahead and add "President's daughter" to that list, apparently.


I'm fairly certain she struck out from the t10


She toured many T13 schools, including Harvard. But I suppose there isn't anything stopping someone from touring even though they aren't admitted.


I'm just going to be honest- if she got into a t13, she probably would have went. I cannot imagine someone would pick GT over Chicago. I have heard fairly reliably she got denied from all of the t10 to which she applied. My guess for the 156 is an URM with a unique background.

Huskies13!
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Miami:
https://issuu.com/miamilaw/docs/fast_facts
Size: 327 (+36)
3.2(+.03)/3.37(+.01)/3.59(0)
155(0)/158(+1)/160(0)

It says "average" but I assume they mean median...

Huskies13!
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Huskies13! » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Minnesota:
https://www.law.umn.edu/news/2017-09-01 ... l-students
Just class size: 196 (+20)

Keilz
Posts: 2304
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: CLASS OF 2020 MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Postby Keilz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:24 pm

sparkytrainer wrote: heard fairly reliably she got denied from all of the t10 to which she applied.


What kind of reliable source?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests