Chance me and request for help with WUSTL ED1 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Liulang

New

Chance me and request for help with WUSTL ED1

Post by Liulang » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Thanks for viewing!
Brief introduction:
Lsat: 156/169
International undergraduate school with a Gpa of 2.8 (LSAC evaluate: Average)
Columbia Graduate 3.69/4.0
1 year work experience in NY, was TA in Columbia
Since international student GPA won't be calculated into ABA, I was hoping my 2.8 GPA would not kill me, although I do understand it sure hurts a lot. I swear a 2.8 from my undergraduate school is definitely not as awful as 2.8 from us college. The best student in my school got some thing around 3.6-3.7.
I was an engineer student, wondering if that's an advantage.
So, chance me please!
Curious about my possibility to Mich, NU, Cornell( they are relatively international friendly)
I am expecting some $ from UCLA or UT. Won't apply GULC or Vandy.
I am especially wondering my chance to WUSTL ED 1. My parents will pay for my law school tuition and that could be some pressure to them so I would value scholarship more than prestige. I do gun form big law but an international student without green card can't expect too much from the difference betwen T13 and WUSTL.
I realize that WUSTL is doing real good in last year employment data. And the LSAT Medan was 168( even higher than Mich and Cornell). So I am real anxious about my possibility ED WUSTL.

Thanks in advance for any advice on retaking LSAT, I do feel that I can perform better with a third trial but there are a lot of realistic reasons for me not to try again, so I am expecting advice on my current performance.
Thanks!

lucretius_

New

Re: Chance me and request for help with WUSTL ED1

Post by lucretius_ » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:49 pm

It is extremely unlikely that you will be accepted to WUSTL under their ED program, but with a 169 you are pretty much a lock for regular decision. They only accept 7-10 EDs a year, and your Average international GPA is not going to cut it. Graduate school is a plus but probably won't matter much. Work experience is a plus but being a TA is not really work experience, so it won't matter much. Engineering is a plus...but probably won't matter much. Go ahead a try because you have little to lose...except maybe getting into a higher ranked school and not being able to attend because you have to attend WUSTL with their binding early decision. But, again, very unlikely.

Liulang

New

Post by Liulang » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 pm

lucretius_ wrote:It is extremely unlikely that you will be accepted to WUSTL under their ED program, but with a 169 you are pretty much a lock for regular decision. They only accept 7-10 EDs a year, and your Average international GPA is not going to cut it. Graduate school is a plus but probably won't matter much. Work experience is a plus but being a TA is not really work experience, so it won't matter much. Engineering is a plus...but probably won't matter much. Go ahead a try because you have little to lose...except maybe getting into a higher ranked school and not being able to attend because you have to attend WUSTL with their binding early decision. But, again, very unlikely.
Thanks so much for reply! Did not know the competition is that hard. I remember I saw somewhere it was 20 out of 900. Anyway, it is real unlikely for me to get admitted. Thanks for informing me!
I guess I need to consider retake seriously, but it seems no time left for September's and a score in December could be a little bit late. I was too optimistic to expect a full ride from WUSTL. I hate to realize that.
Thank you again!

lucretius_

New

Post by lucretius_ » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:16 pm

I'm not sure if my first reply was clear, so I wanted to clarify: You do not have a good shot at a WUSTL ED admission but you do have numbers that pretty much gaurantee that you will be admitted in regular decision.

You may also get some kind of scholarship, as WUSTL is generous to high LSATs. As a splitter though, you should apply early and broadly to the T13 and some of the T20. You never know what schools may offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”