Reusing an old essay

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
april_ludgate

Reusing an old essay

Postby april_ludgate » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Sorry about asking so many questions but nobody in my life seems to be able to answer them! I'm currently a rising senior at a T14 (undergrad) school, and one of the essays I wrote while applying was about why I wanted to study law in the future. Would it be bad to cannibalize parts of it for my PS, especially if I'm applying to my college's law school? I sent it to a few other T14s while applying for undergrad as well I think. I wouldn't use the whole thing, just some chunks that I really like.

lavarman84
#MAGA

Re: Reusing an old essay

Postby lavarman84 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 am

If it's a good PS, I don't see why you wouldn't.

april_ludgate

Postby april_ludgate » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:56 am

lavarman84 wrote:If it's a good PS, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Just perhaps irrationally worried that they will somehow have access to my undergrad application and see that it's the same and view that negatively

april_ludgate

Postby april_ludgate » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:58 am

So I guess my real question is, does the adcomm have access to/look at undergrad applications for that school from a law school applicant?

lavarman84
#MAGA

Postby lavarman84 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:11 am

april_ludgate wrote:So I guess my real question is, does the adcomm have access to/look at undergrad applications for that school from a law school applicant?

I would be shocked if they checked that. That sounds like a lot of effort for something that isn't worth caring about. Further, it sounds like you're only borrowing excerpts, so even then, it shouldn't be an issue.(not that it's an issue at all)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”