Question About Military Courses

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Somnambulist

New

Question About Military Courses

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:18 pm

If a law school were to look at my transcript, and see that all of my elective credits (Around 40.) are from pass or fail classes, would that reflect negatively on me, even if I passed all of them?

All of the credits that I have earned through my military service are from ACE courses, which almost always count as electives, and which are all pass or fail. That is why I am asking.

Thank you.

Wipfelder

Silver

Re: Question About Military Courses

Postby Wipfelder » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:05 am

Somnambulist wrote:If a law school were to look at my transcript, and see that all of my elective credits (Around 40.) are from pass or fail classes, would that reflect negatively on me, even if I passed all of them?

All of the credits that I have earned through my military service are from ACE courses, which almost always count as electives, and which are all pass or fail. That is why I am asking.

Thank you.

Maybe. Not nearly as much as they care about your LSAC-Calculated GPA, and above all, your LSAT.

Have you checked out service2school.org?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Question About Military Courses

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:14 am

Did these courses count for credit towards your degree?

I agree that your overall GPA matters more, but for most people, 40+ P/F courses would raise eyebrows. In your situation, it may be totally normal, and you may want to ask in the Veterans thread.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�