How much would being a medical writer help my application? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
theventriloquist

Bronze

How much would being a medical writer help my application?

Post by theventriloquist » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Managed to get a job as a medical writer. Write FDA forms, review research papers, etc, at a oncologic biotech firm. how much would that help a shit GPA of like 2.9.

I can't get a letter of recommendation b/c I don't want to tell them that I might be leaving. thank you

cavalier1138

Re: How much would being a medical writer help my application?

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:08 pm

It won't have an appreciable affect on your application (at least not more than any other job). And weren't you banned?

lebongenre

Bronze

Post by lebongenre » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:56 pm

With that GPA, you're going to have an unpredictable cycle no matter what. Spending some time (i.e., years) in a solid professional job like that to put some distance between yourself and your college career should help. The most important thing is to be thoughtful about your messaging and how this job will help you succeed in X legal career.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:24 pm

How do we know you're serious if you're not writing in all caps?

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:16 pm

lebongenre wrote:With that GPA, you're going to have an unpredictable cycle no matter what. Spending some time (i.e., years) in a solid professional job like that to put some distance between yourself and your college career should help. The most important thing is to be thoughtful about your messaging and how this job will help you succeed in X legal career.
It would just be one year if I do start law school next year.

I probably wont apply, I'm too old for law school anyways. I'll start when I'm 28 and graduate at 30. I'll start my first law job at 31. Fuck it. I got a decent job earning 50K + so fuck it. I won't even get to live my dream but fuck it, I fucked up my life. I really ruined my live.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xRON MEXiCOx

Diamond

Post by xRON MEXiCOx » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:31 pm

the fuck is a medical writer? Is that preftigious or something?

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:02 am

theventriloquist wrote:
lebongenre wrote:With that GPA, you're going to have an unpredictable cycle no matter what. Spending some time (i.e., years) in a solid professional job like that to put some distance between yourself and your college career should help. The most important thing is to be thoughtful about your messaging and how this job will help you succeed in X legal career.

I probably wont apply, I'm too old for law school anyways. I'll start when I'm 28 and graduate at 30. I'll start my first law job at 31. Fuck it. I got a decent job earning 50K + so fuck it. I won't even get to live my dream but fuck it, I fucked up my life. I really ruined my live.
Law school may or may not make sense for you but you're definitely not too old

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:19 am

stego wrote:
theventriloquist wrote:

Not too old for law school, but too old for biglaw. being a first-year associate at age 31 is fucked. And from a financial perspective, t would not make sense to work for a non-biglaw firm, considering that I have a decent-paying job.

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:21 am

oh fucking well. I just have to admit that I will not be able to live the life that I had always dreamed of living. Oh fucking well

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:27 am

theventriloquist wrote:
stego wrote:
theventriloquist wrote:

Not too old for law school, but too old for biglaw. being a first-year associate at age 31 is fucked. And from a financial perspective, t would not make sense to work for a non-biglaw firm, considering that I have a decent-paying job.
This is ridiculously wrong. 31 isn't too old to be a biglaw associate. Stop overdramatizing.

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:12 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote: This is ridiculously wrong. 31 isn't too old to be a biglaw associate. Stop overdramatizing.
I'm glad to hear that. Do you know of a lot of first-year biglaw associates who are 31? I have a lot of energy. I work from 9-5 and then tutor after that, and on the weekends. I don't lack the energy, and have no problem working for someone younger. I just want t make sure I can get a biglaw job after law school.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:23 pm

You should not go to law school.

Not because you can't get in. Not because you wouldn't be able to get into a school that would help you get biglaw. And not even because your posts on this forum paint a picture of someone who isn't going to be very good at the whole appearing like a normal human being during interviews.

You should not go to law school because you don't want to be a lawyer. Every one of your posts on this forum has been about a different non-legal career path. Don't like your current job? Fine. Find something else to do. But law school isn't an escape, and if you don't want to be a lawyer, it's a waste of time and money.

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:19 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You should not go to law school.

Not because you can't get in. Not because you wouldn't be able to get into a school that would help you get biglaw. And not even because your posts on this forum paint a picture of someone who isn't going to be very good at the whole appearing like a normal human being during interviews.

You should not go to law school because you don't want to be a lawyer. Every one of your posts on this forum has been about a different non-legal career path. Don't like your current job? Fine. Find something else to do. But law school isn't an escape, and if you don't want to be a lawyer, it's a waste of time and money.
How u know I don't want to be a lawyer? I work with a number of lawyers.

I do things that lawyers do like regulatory forms, etc. I fill in forms and such. Its not fun but my boss seems to like me, and I fell I do a good job.

I want to be a Wachtell lawyer, and make money and bang the bitches. I come across as normal in interviews.

I want to get a big paycheck. I'm tired of getting poop paychecks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:23 pm

theventriloquist wrote:I want to be a Wachtell lawyer, and make money and bang the bitches. I come across as normal in interviews.
QFP

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:04 pm

theventriloquist wrote:

I do things that lawyers do like regulatory forms, etc. I fill in forms and such. Its not fun but my boss seems to like me, and I fell I do a good job.

I want to be a Wachtell lawyer, and make money and bang the bitches. I come across as normal in interviews.

Are you real?
Last edited by mcmand on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:57 pm

mcmand wrote:
theventriloquist wrote:

Are you real?
Well, I don't think I'm going to get into a top school. I just don't have the fucking GPA. And if not T6, then its going to get too hard to get job at a top biglaw firm, expecially at my age. IDK i just feel like law would be good for me, oh well.

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:30 pm

I was not afforded the same oportunity and my parents messed me up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:36 am

theventriloquist wrote:

This is why I don't tell people I use TLS

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:10 pm

I feel sorry for myself. I could have been at harvard law if only i had good parents who give bad advice and held me back

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:25 pm

theventriloquist wrote:I feel sorry for myself. I could have been at harvard law if only i had good parents who give bad advice and held me back
You need to get the fuck over that, then.

goingnutslawschool

New

Post by goingnutslawschool » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:58 am

This post makes me sad.There is a 30 yr old man who thinks like a 13 yr old boy out there. Are there a lot of you like that out there? God, I hope not.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”