Chances of Scholarships? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tkd5576

New

Chances of Scholarships?

Post by tkd5576 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:06 pm

153 LSAT/ 3.33 GPA
I feel like I have a solid chance to get into a lot of T3 and maybe a few T2 schools. If I get admitted to T2 schools I feel I won't have a huge chance to get scholarship money. But is it worth going to a T3 school if I get a solid amount of money? I know my credentials are pretty mediocre but I just want to see what other people's opinions are.

pyramidenergy888

New

Re: Chances of Scholarships?

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:14 pm

3.33/164 here. I got full scholarship to T3. Retake would be my suggestion.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:37 am

Platopus wrote:T-3 school even with a full scholarship is a bad idea. First, many of these schools have "conditional scholarships"; they offer you full-tuition as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA, but they curve to a 2.7, which means MANY people lose their full rides and end up paying sticker to finish their degree. It's a super shady practice, and is designed that way. Second, graduates of T-3 schools don't work as attorneys. MAYBE half of the class passes the bar, and the lucky few who do end up with jobs get paid little more than 45K. Third, you lose 3 years of opportunity cost where you could be working and contributing to your 401K, advancing your career, etc.

https://www.lstreports.com/schools/

Play around with this link and look at the different outcomes for whatever schools you are considering. For example, at John Marshall (Chicago), only 51% of graduates are even actually attorneys,
FWIW (not much) John Marshall's law building in the loop is pretty slick I have to say. I remember walking past it and making eye contact with a dude inside. I wanted to mouth "get out while you still can" but thought better of it lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”