Reccomedation Letters from Job? Serious Help Needed!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AmIElleWoodsYet

New

Reccomedation Letters from Job? Serious Help Needed!!

Postby AmIElleWoodsYet » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:34 pm

So quick background- I am applying this cycle with aspirations of T14 but I'm a splitter. I have a 3.4 and I take the LSAT in September but my practice tests are putting me between 173-175. Throughout undergrad I have had to work full time to support myself and pay for school which has contributed to the low GPA. With that being said, I have easily 4 professors who want to write me a letter of recommendation and would do a great job at it (all of my major classes are A's) but I think it might be relevant to have a letter from my boss??? I work in a professional environment for the largest property management company in my area and I have been involved with the regional association and was the youngest nominee for one of the regional awards...I'm not sure if any of this is relevant because all the advice I see on here says to focus on academic letters unless you've been out of college for years but I feel like I'm in a unique situation...any help would be appreciated!!!!

Delano

New

Re: Reccomedation Letters from Job? Serious Help Needed!!

Postby Delano » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Get a third letter from your boss if you think it will add something to your application that would not be otherwise apparent. Definitely have two letters from professors who have taught you in class in UG though.

AmIElleWoodsYet

New

Re: Reccomedation Letters from Job? Serious Help Needed!!

Postby AmIElleWoodsYet » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:30 pm

Delano wrote:Get a third letter from your boss if you think it will add something to your application that would not be otherwise apparent. Definitely have two letters from professors who have taught you in class in UG though.

Thanks for the feedback! That's what I'm leaning towards doing :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�