Mentioning your school in personal statement

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rsnw17

New

Mentioning your school in personal statement

Postby rsnw17 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi, I wrote only a few sentences mentioning why I want to go to the school I'm applying to specifically. I mentioned how their mission, values etc align with mine, how they have a clinic that i'm really interested in. I want to write more because I feel it sounds too generic (even though I was being honest). It's my dream school and I really want them to know how much thought I've put into it, I even sat in on classes to make sure it was the right one, etc. I want to say more but I don't know the right way to do it, I'm afraid it will come off as too much. Does anyone have a link to a sample personal statement or even just an example of their own or general ideas on how to mention the school and make your passion clear about how much you want to go to their school without it being too much. I want them them to know that they're my number one school! Would appreciate help, thanks!

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Mentioning your school in personal statement

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:25 am

You can do that, but if it's getting too long, most schools allow you to submit a separate "Why [School]" addendum.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�