Let's sum up the case for Alien NoGPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ghytu48

New

Let's sum up the case for Alien NoGPA

Postby ghytu48 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:40 am

I am from not so highly reputable uni in Eastern Europe with Superiop GPA and my timed LSAT prep tests are about 175-177. From what I know only YH provide loans w/o cosugner. So with 175 should I apply only to H, as Y has almost no NoGPAs? Or do I have chances for full scholarship at bolded shools?

Here is the stats for # of noGPAs admitted in 2016.

5 CALIFORNIA-BERKELEY, UNIVERSITY OF
4 CALIFORNIA-LOS ANGELES, UNIVERSITY OF
2 CHICAGO, UNIVERSITY OF
11 COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
22 CORNELL UNIVERSITY
4 DUKE UNIVERSITY
26 HARVARD UNIVERSITY
7 MICHIGAN, UNIVERSITY OF
5 NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
16 NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
0 PENNSYLVANIA, UNIVERSITY OF
2 STANFORD UNIVERSITY
0 VIRGINIA, UNIVERSITY OF
2 YALE UNIVERSITY

rowdy

Bronze

Re: Let's sum up the case for Alien NoGPA

Postby rowdy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:47 am

ghytu48 wrote:I am from not so highly reputable uni in Eastern Europe with Superiop GPA and my timed LSAT prep tests are about 175-177. From what I know only YH provide loans w/o cosugner. So with 175 should I apply only to H, as Y has almost no NoGPAs? Or do I have chances for full scholarship at bolded shools?

2 CHICAGO, UNIVERSITY OF
11 COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
22 CORNELL UNIVERSITY
4 DUKE UNIVERSITY
26 HARVARD UNIVERSITY
5 NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
2 STANFORD UNIVERSITY
2 YALE UNIVERSITY

1) Get an LSAT score
2) Apply anywhere you might want to go where you are above median, especially if you are above 75th percentile (candidate for scholarship money)

I imagine there are more than 26 no GPA candidates that applied to Harvard, and there may have been one or more with good LSAT scores who got rejected. Maybe not, but it's not out of the question. Don't just apply to one school - you never know, and you don't want to waste an application cycle.

freekick

Bronze

Postby freekick » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:31 am

ghytu48 wrote:I am from not so highly reputable uni in Eastern Europe with Superiop GPA and my timed LSAT prep tests are about 175-177. From what I know only YH provide loans w/o cosugner. So with 175 should I apply only to H, as Y has almost no NoGPAs? Or do I have chances for full scholarship at bolded shools?

2 CHICAGO, UNIVERSITY OF
11 COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
22 CORNELL UNIVERSITY
4 DUKE UNIVERSITY
26 HARVARD UNIVERSITY
5 NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
2 STANFORD UNIVERSITY
2 YALE UNIVERSITY

Lack of a numerical GPA significantly affects admission chances and scholarship because you are not contributing to one of the only two metrics at play. The further up you are from the 75th LSAT of a non-HYS school, the more scholarship you'll get. Check out this cycle's data for non-GPA applicants here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

This cycle's thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=272202

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Postby BlendedUnicorn » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Why in the world would you bold e.g. Columbia but not NYU or Northwestern but not Chicago?

Anyway, it looks like noGPA means a little more variance so just crush the lsat and then apply to the entire t14 if you get a 170+

stego

Platinum

Postby stego » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:30 pm

BlendedUnicorn wrote:Why in the world would you bold e.g. Columbia but not NYU or Northwestern but not Chicago?

Anyway, it looks like noGPA means a little more variance so just crush the lsat and then apply to the entire t14 if you get a 170+

Looks like he bolded the ones that admitted double-digit no-GPA students

ghytu48

New

Postby ghytu48 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 am

Also how do you perceive chances of a NoGPA with 175? There may be not many admitted but we do not know how many applied with LSAT 175+. There is a table in google docs but in that table results of only handfull people and we don't know their background.

freekick

Bronze

Postby freekick » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:01 am

ghytu48 wrote:Also how do you perceive chances of a NoGPA with 175? There may be not many admitted but we do not know how many applied with LSAT 175+. There is a table in google docs but in that table results of only handfull people and we don't know their background.

Admission and scholarship, especially at t13, is a blackbox for international​s. Nobody can tell you anything for sure or even close to it. So don't look for it.

Also, first get that 175. This thread is meaningless without an actual score. Good luck with the LSAT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?