What are the tiers?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MKC

Diamond

Re: What are the tiers?

Postby MKC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:52 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Yes I can see that, that is incorrect and I do not agree. Tbf though it still could be a useful tool if you just click the median LSAT button(which sorts schools accordingly).

Yes, that would be useful for sorting schools by their median LSAT. Sorting them by their employment numbers might make more sense...

If only there was a site with that functionality...
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:55 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Yes I can see that, that is incorrect and I do not agree. Tbf though it still could be a useful tool if you just click the median LSAT button(which sorts schools accordingly).

Yes, that would be useful for sorting schools by their median LSAT. Sorting them by their employment numbers might make more sense...

I swear, there is supposedly this really cool website that does just this very thing...What's it called again? Seriously, these dudes from Vandy did it, but the name of it and its web address escape me right now. It was this incredibly smart use of school-supplied information to objectively compare schools against each other across a litany of areas including employment numbers, un-discounted costs, primary regions of placement...

Damn, this is going to bug me all day long.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Commence the LST loving circle jerk.

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:Commence the LST loving circle jerk.

Oh, you mean that elitist crowd that actually appreciates objective statistics in making decisions...

I know, the gall of those people. They don't even understand how effective an anecdote can be to confirm a decision.

MKC

Diamond

Postby MKC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:10 pm

UVA2B wrote:

Oh, you mean that elitist crowd that actually appreciates objective statistics in making decisions...

I know, the gall of those people. They don't even understand how effective an anecdote can be to confirm a decision.

You going to need to explain how LST proves QU is a great school before he'll endorse it.

MKC

Diamond

Postby MKC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:11 pm

What criteria did you consider before choosing a law school, and why didn't you take the LSAT again?

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:13 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
UVA2B wrote:

You going to need to explain how LST proves QU is a great school before he'll endorse it.

Let me get my abacus out, this one is gonna be tricky.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:15 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:

What criteria did you consider before choosing a law school, and why didn't you take the LSAT again?

There was a very long thread on this topic. Let's not relitigate it. No double jeopardy here.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:37 pm

yep, that crazy NPR-Atlantic-NYT- Harvard Law Review-WaPo circle jerk.

MKC

Diamond

Postby MKC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:

There was a very long thread on this topic. Let's not relitigate it. No double jeopardy here.

Could I get a link to your answer? Just wondering and I don't want to read a 50 page thread right now.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:43 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:Could I get a link to your answer? Just wondering and I don't want to read a 50 page thread right now.

If I remember correctly, I think it was

QU > UConn: Significant debt difference
QU > Dozo: regional preference
QU > Retake: does not believe he could improve (has taken multiple times, happy with study, etc)

cavalier1138

Platinum

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:52 pm

guybourdin wrote:

yep, that crazy NPR-Atlantic-NYT- Harvard Law Review-WaPo circle jerk.

Elitist!

Greenteachurro

Silver

Postby Greenteachurro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Ferris how come you dont like LST?

It's not even prestige driven or anything like that. It's just based off of employment outcomes after 9 months post-grad...

Greenteachurro

Silver

Postby Greenteachurro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:

He has since decided to devote time and energy into learning dead American accents, the LSAT would be a distraction

MKC

Diamond

Postby MKC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:06 pm

guybourdin wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:Could I get a link to your answer? Just wondering and I don't want to read a 50 page thread right now.

QU > Retake: does not believe he could improve (has taken multiple times, happy with study, etc)

TYTY

Excellent and concise use of language. I'd ask how it took 50 pages to say that, but I read 10 of them a while back and I think I already know.

That reminds me. Driving is awesome.

MKC

Diamond

Postby MKC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:Ferris how come you dont like LST?

It's not even prestige driven or anything like that. It's just based off of employment outcomes after 9 months post-grad...

Having a job is elitist man. The real rebels move into Zuccotti Park. Not because there's a protest, but because they can't afford rent.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:13 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

TYTY

Excellent and concise use of language. I'd ask how it took 50 pages to say that, but I read 10 of them a while back and I think I already know.

So is not having to pay for car insurance or gas.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:Ferris how come you dont like LST?

I don't not like LST(they do provide a good service). A circle jerk though is a circle jerk though regardless of the thing they're jerking to is good. I was talking about how the site allowed you to easily sort between states and they started LMFAO at the "smartrank". Reason I liked the site is that several years ago I did my first law school research on it during a three hour class. It was less than 3 years ago but it seems like forever.
Last edited by Ferrisjso on Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenteachurro

Silver

Postby Greenteachurro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

TYTY

I find it funny that you want to have your sig removed but your avatars are always of characters that are crazy and then you defend your positions in the worst way possible.

Your signature is probably deserved

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

TYTY

I find it funny that you want to have your sig removed but your avatars are always of characters that are crazy and then you defend your positions in the worst way possible.

Your signature is probably deserved

For awhile I tried being genuine and serious but people were assholes so I was just like fuck it, if they want a character I'll give them a character. Not saying I don't believe the shit I say or anything like that but if people are going to mock you endlessly you might as well make it fun.

MKC

Diamond

Postby MKC » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

TYTY

I mean I guess I could skip paying for air conditioning and internet too, but fuck that. Some things are worth the money. Being able to go where ever you want whenever you want and take whatever you want with you is totally worth it.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:30 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

TYTY

Also it took 50 pages because A people loved to use the thread to shitpost and B because at first I had a conditional scholly from QU so I wasn't considering them until they dropped the stips. Most of the thread was a conversation about whether I should go to UCONN or Dozo. QU didn't become a factor until the end.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:13 pm

startclass WAS really good for comparing school's, but I think they had an issue with USNWR and had to remove the real rankings and change their own criteria. It still has some useful info about specific schools, but the rankings are out of whack now

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�