Does Harvard really not care about multiple LSATs? (3-4 takes) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Economyclass

New

Does Harvard really not care about multiple LSATs? (3-4 takes)

Post by Economyclass » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:47 pm

So I have 3.7ish GPA and decent softs/work experience, from LSN it seems that for HLS I would need to be at least 175+ to be competitive. (Of course, I don't know how the introduction of GRE admissions will affect splitters as of yet)

I took in Dec, got 167, retook in Feb, messed up LG, cancelled the score, and just took again yesterday. I've been PTing between 175-180 but I panicked a little and missed 3 questions so I am guessing that I scored somewhere in the mid-low 170s (172-175).

If this is the case I would retake again in Sep. Assuming that I do get a score that seems to be acceptable at HLS, how will having had four attempts negatively affect me?

I've read here and on reddit that schools other than YLS don't care about multiple retakes, but also some seem to think that it could slightly work against you.

Hoping to get some additional info.

Thanks!

The reason I ask about HLS is that I was visiting my dad a few months ago (my parents are divorced and my mom raised me), and mentioned that I was applying for law school, he said that if I can get into Yale/Stanford/Harvard, he would pay my tuition. There is no way in hell that I'm going to Yale/Stanford with my numbers, but I think Harvard might be a possibility.

heythatslife

Silver

Re: Does Harvard really not care about multiple LSATs? (3-4 takes)

Post by heythatslife » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:18 pm

No, HLS doesn't care.

Maintaining both a large class and a high LSAT median means they can't be too picky about how many times it took you to get that high LSAT score, as long as you have it.

Platopus

Gold

Re: Does Harvard really not care about multiple LSATs? (3-4 takes)

Post by Platopus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:20 pm

heythatslife wrote:No, HLS doesn't care.

Maintaining both a large class and a high LSAT median means they can't be too picky about how many times it took you to get that high LSAT score, as long as you have it.
Exactly, Yale can care because they admit 1/3 of the students that Harvard does.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”