Accidental C&F Omission Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Accidental C&F Omission

Post by TakeItToTrial » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:28 pm

I just checked my transmitted application to the school I will be attending in the fall and realized I forgot to disclose two speeding tickets in the C&F section. I did disclose two other offenses (MIP and DUI) as well as three dismissed charges associated with the DUI.

The exact wording in the C&F section is: "Have you ever been cited for, arrested for, charged with, or convicted for any violation of any law including any cases resolved injuvenile court, whether expunged or not, or is any such charge now pending against you? *Note: If the answer to the question is yes, please explain fully on a separate electronic attachment"

I guess I was technically "cited" for speeding. Is this something I should be worried about? If so, what should I do to rectify the situation?

I applied to around 10 schools. Do I have to worry about not disclosing these speeding tickets on applications for schools I was rejected from or decided not to attend?

Please help!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Re: Accidental C&F Omission

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:28 am

TakeItToTrial wrote:I just checked my transmitted application to the school I will be attending in the fall and realized I forgot to disclose two speeding tickets in the C&F section. I did disclose two other offenses (MIP and DUI) as well as three dismissed charges associated with the DUI.

The exact wording in the C&F section is: "Have you ever been cited for, arrested for, charged with, or convicted for any violation of any law including any cases resolved injuvenile court, whether expunged or not, or is any such charge now pending against you? *Note: If the answer to the question is yes, please explain fully on a separate electronic attachment"

I guess I was technically "cited" for speeding. Is this something I should be worried about? If so, what should I do to rectify the situation?

I applied to around 10 schools. Do I have to worry about not disclosing these speeding tickets on applications for schools I was rejected from or decided not to attend?

Please help!
I don't know if you must disclose that, but if you do/want to you can just send in an addendum.

HonestAdvice

Bronze

Post by HonestAdvice » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:46 am

Have to disclose. No one will care but the bar will notice it, and may care that you didn't disclose it.Just not worth risking it for a major issue. The dui may make it more relevant, and hiding it may suggest a relationship b/w them.

The bar won't check your other apps.

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Post by TakeItToTrial » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:31 pm

HonestAdvice wrote:Have to disclose. No one will care but the bar will notice it, and may care that you didn't disclose it.Just not worth risking it for a major issue. The dui may make it more relevant, and hiding it may suggest a relationship b/w them.

The bar won't check your other apps.
This is what I was worried about. Thanks. I'll send in a brief addendum.

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:42 pm

You are totally and utterly fine. You made the omission in the right direction, i.e. you didn't omit the DUI.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Post by TakeItToTrial » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:47 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:You are totally and utterly fine. You made the omission in the right direction, i.e. you didn't omit the DUI.
Okay. Thanks Spivey.

HonestAdvice

Bronze

Post by HonestAdvice » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:23 pm

I wouldn't worry about it, but that's why I'd disclose it. It's a 0% chance it hurts you now, and 1 in 1000 it hurts you later.

Jordan77

Bronze

Post by Jordan77 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:56 am

Definitely supplement your response. Too risky to have it bite you on the ass at C&F after you have already passed the bar. Once you get to C&F on the bar, they will absolutely compare your law school application to your C&F application.

Traffic tickets are NOTHING to the bar; perceived dishonesty (even on trivial things) is SOMETHING to the C&F committee.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”