Exhausted my materials?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chris23topher

New

Exhausted my materials?

Postby chris23topher » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Hello all,

This cycle has been pretty damn stressful, but it seems to be nearing its end. As of today, I've been placed on the UT waitlist and my application at Cornell is on "reserve".

For Texas, I've already sent in an LSAT Addendum, and a LOCI. Is there anything more I can do with this app? Like try to visit, or submit another LOCI, another letter of rec even though i used the max 3 on my original app, or maybe try to take the June LSAT and bump up my score? My grades have taken a slight drop since i submitted, so updating transcripts is a no go. Austin, TX native so I'm really hoping that TX residency requirement helps me out.

For Cornell, I was hit with the reserve email in december. I had an in person interview in late january, have also submitted an LSAT addendum, have sent in a requested Why Cornell, and took a visit and tour there in mid march. Is there anything more I can do with this app either?
Cornell and UT are by far my top choices, so any help here would be greatly appreciated. (Pretty far below both of their 25th LSAT, and at the Median for both of their GPA, URM, K-JD)

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

guynourmin

Gold

Re: Exhausted my materials?

Postby guynourmin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:40 pm

chris23topher wrote: sent in an LSAT Addendum...maybe try to take the June LSAT and bump up my score...submitted an LSAT addendum...Pretty far below both of their 25th LSAT

what was your addendum? you should retake/reapply if you are far below your target schools' 25th.

chris23topher

New

Postby chris23topher » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:21 pm

guybourdin wrote:
chris23topher wrote: sent in an LSAT Addendum...maybe try to take the June LSAT and bump up my score...submitted an LSAT addendum...Pretty far below both of their 25th LSAT

what was your addendum? you should retake/reapply if you are far below your target schools' 25th.

My addendum stated how standardized tests are not an accurate prediction of my success in school, based off my less than 50th percentile SAT. Even though my SAT was low, I still pulled a stellar GPA in undergrad (used a bunch of numbers, national averages to back up the claim that it didn't accurately predict my outcome and that the LSAT would not be able to do the same either). Added onto that, I touched on how I was still able to pull that GPA, balance NCAA sports, and a bunch of leadership roles, internships; therefore, because I was able to handle that, I am fully capable of handling law school. Didn't think it would work but each school I sent to was receptive to it. What if they don't look at june LSATs for this cycle? (recycling is absolutely, positively not an option)
Last edited by chris23topher on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:25 pm

chris23topher wrote:(recycling is absolutely, positively not an option)

yes, it is, but I'll bite: why not?

chris23topher

New

Postby chris23topher » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:26 pm

guybourdin wrote:

I'll PM you if you'd like to know, I'd rather not say out in the open.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:38 pm

chris23topher wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

I'll PM you if you'd like to know, I'd rather not say out in the open.

Well now everyone's curious, you little tease.

Seriously, unless the reason is that you're going to jail but got the sentence commuted for three years on the expectation of you attending school, there is no such thing as a reason that prevents you from delaying law school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�