Undergrad Taking Law School Class for Grade: Will this affect my law school GPA? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
victory

Bronze

Undergrad Taking Law School Class for Grade: Will this affect my law school GPA?

Post by victory » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 am

Hey all, I'm a junior undergrad taking a niche class taught by the former dean of my undergrad's T14 law school. I'm the only undergrad in the class; the rest are law students from every year. The class is offered through the law school. The Professor gave me permission to take the class b/c it deals with the field I've been working in/want to work in, and I had to submit a form to the law school registrar.

I remembered that dual enrollment classes at community colleges during high school affect LSAC GPAs. If I go to law school, will this similarly affect my law school GPA? I'd appreciate any help!

eta: please don't quote; there's probably enough info in here to out me. planning on editing out the identifying info (while keeping the general question) later on.

cavalier1138

Re: Undergrad Taking Law School Class for Grade: Will this affect my law school GPA?

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:38 am

No. Only classes taken for law school credit can impact your law school GPA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”