Fall Grades, where do they go?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nyc56

New

Fall Grades, where do they go?

Postby nyc56 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Are they required to be submitted to LSAC? What if you are admitted in the fall vs. waiting for a spring admittance? Do schools ask for them to be submitted directly to them, and not LSAC? If they are submitted to LSAC they will impact LSAC gpa, which might not be great for me.

Thanks!

LawMan16

New

Re: Fall Grades, where do they go?

Postby LawMan16 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:54 pm

As I understand it, the GPA on your transcript (and as recomputed by LSAC) at the time of submission is what determines your LSDAS GPA. Your chosen law school will eventually see all of your grades on the final transcript you submit before enrollment, but they won't be a factor in your admissions decision.

galeatus

Silver

Re: Fall Grades, where do they go?

Postby galeatus » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:36 am

I don't think you are required to send them in, though people do send them in if their fall grades (or even spring grades) can help bump their GPAs up a little bit (for increasing their admission chances/getting off the waitlist). In your case I think it's fine not to update your transcript on LSAC.

You are required to send in a final transcript before you enroll but you will most likely be sending your transcript directly to the school and not to LSAC, and unless you absolutely bombed your final year (like failed half of your courses) I don't think they'll rescind their offer, so you should be fine, depending on how big the "impact" you mentioned actually is.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�