Neglected to Disclose Minor Incident on C&F

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DrankTooMuch

New

Neglected to Disclose Minor Incident on C&F

Postby DrankTooMuch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:27 am

I kind of hastily flew through C&F section on my apps because I've never had any significant discretions or infractions of any kind whatsoever; I have a totally squeaky clean background. However, there was like one incident in a dorm during undergrad where I think I got a very minor reprimand for having an empty alcohol container in my room. It's really hazy because it was SO minor and unmemorable and nothing came of it. But now I'm finding out just how thorough the Bar is when they conduct their C&F background checks and I'm wondering if I messed up by not disclosing this. I honestly had to really think hard to even remember this because of how minor it was. I vaguely remember talking with the head of the dorm about it but that was the extent of it. Should I tell the school I've been admitted to about this or just forget it like I had this entire time?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Neglected to Disclose Minor Incident on C&F

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:58 am

No harm in disclosing. It won't affect you either way, but not disclosing something that is on a record somewhere will hurt you.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Re: Neglected to Disclose Minor Incident on C&F

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:04 am

Literally had the exact same story in undergrad. I would just disclose. No one will care in the slightest, and there's probably only a 1% chance they find out anyway, but just be on the safe side.

Are you applying to law school or applying to take the bar?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�