Should i go to cooley

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Johnnybgoode92

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Should i go to cooley

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:03 am

I posted in acceptances under Cooley c/o 2020 but our thread got locked after people kept flaming it. Should I go or shouldn't I reapply? What is student life there like?


My stats:
Accepted Lansing campus
Lsat:138
Gpa: 2.84 regional state school in WI
Scholly: 5k a year guaranteed

Nebby

Diamond
Posts: 31199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:14 am

No you shouldn't

Npret

Silver
Posts: 1267
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Npret » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:17 am

https://www.lstreports.com/schools/cooley/

I put this for you in the other thread.

User avatar
grand inquisitor

Gold
Posts: 3768
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:21 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby grand inquisitor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:27 am

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Should I go or shouldn't I reapply?

the construction of this sentence tells me you shouldn't go to law school.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:30 am

If you can't get at least a 150 on the LSAT you should not go to law school at all (this is really the bare minimum).

User avatar
beforethelaw

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:20 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby beforethelaw » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:37 am

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:I posted in acceptances under Cooley c/o 2020 but our thread got locked after people kept flaming it. Should I go or shouldn't I reapply? What is student life there like?


My stats:
Accepted Lansing campus
Lsat:138
Gpa: 2.84 regional state school in WI
Scholly: 5k a year guaranteed


Student life is irrelevant. You may never pay off your debt. There's an 80% chance you never get a job as a lawyer.

User avatar
Clemenceau

Silver
Posts: 941
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Clemenceau » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:15 am

No, you shouldn't go to Cooley.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 am

I find it very hard to believe that someone with the wherewithal to find TLS would ever go to law school with a 138.

User avatar
lymenheimer

Gold
Posts: 3979
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby lymenheimer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:41 am

Yes. Its a great school and if you study hard you'll be fine

Johnnybgoode92

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:43 am

Should I apply to Thomas Jefferson too so I have options/can negotiate for more money?

Nebby

Diamond
Posts: 31199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:45 am

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Should I apply to Thomas Jefferson too so I have options/can negotiate for more money?

You should retake the LSAT. None of the schools you are currently viable for are going to get you a job.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:46 am

lymenheimer wrote:Yes. Its a great school and if you study hard you'll be fine

No way OP picks up on Internet sarcasm without a :roll:

User avatar
beforethelaw

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:20 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby beforethelaw » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:48 am

Rigo wrote:I find it very hard to believe that someone with the wherewithal to find TLS would ever go to law school with a 138.


Google really isn't *that* hard to use

Nebby

Diamond
Posts: 31199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:48 am

Hymenliner, why have you left us in the Lounge?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:49 am

beforethelaw wrote:
Rigo wrote:I find it very hard to believe that someone with the wherewithal to find TLS would ever go to law school with a 138.

Google really isn't *that* hard to use

When I found TLS I had an "oh fuck I'm about to ruin my life" moment and retook.

User avatar
beforethelaw

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:20 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby beforethelaw » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:52 am

Rigo wrote:
beforethelaw wrote:
Rigo wrote:I find it very hard to believe that someone with the wherewithal to find TLS would ever go to law school with a 138.

Google really isn't *that* hard to use

When I found TLS I had an "oh fuck I'm about to ruin my life" moment and retook.


What was your initial choice and where'd you end up? ... I think this is still relevant to OP. Might be persuasive.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:57 am

beforethelaw wrote:
Rigo wrote:
beforethelaw wrote:
Rigo wrote:I find it very hard to believe that someone with the wherewithal to find TLS would ever go to law school with a 138.

Google really isn't *that* hard to use

When I found TLS I had an "oh fuck I'm about to ruin my life" moment and retook.

What was your initial choice and where'd you end up? ... I think this is still relevant to OP. Might be persuasive.

Took the LSAT basically cold after seeing a logic game for the first time only a few days prior. Got a 15x. Feverishly applied as a k-jd and was set to go to a shitty state flagship in a state I wasn't from for near sticker.
Found TLS after I googled simply "School A vs. School B" when I was choosing. I realized people go to schools for free based on numbers. Retook and raised score 10+ points. I am deciding between full-rides at T20 now versus retaking again for T13 full ride.
So I don't have an end to my story yet, but TLS saved my life. Seriously.

User avatar
lymenheimer

Gold
Posts: 3979
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby lymenheimer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:05 am

Nebby wrote:Hymenliner, why have you left us in the Lounge?

I've been creeping. Haven't been lifting/climbing regularly so no FNS posting, and everything else just rolls off after that. Just a brief hiatus, I assure you.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29317
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Should i go to cooley

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 am

If you're real and want input about Cooley, you can post in the acceptances etc. forum where people can't debate its merits. I'm inclining toward troll, though, so I'm locking this. If you really are considering Cooley you can read all through the admissions/choosing forums to understand what advice you're going to get from people here (which will just be the same as the advice you've already gotten, no need to create a feeding frenzy).



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests