Any chance of scholarhsip money if accepted off Waitlists

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SunDevil14

Any chance of scholarhsip money if accepted off Waitlists

Postby SunDevil14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:16 pm

As stated in the topic, is there any chance a school offers some sort of scholarship money if one is offered admission off the wait-list? Furthermore, do potential applicants have much if any bargaining power if admitted off the wait-list?

bmathers

Re: Any chance of scholarhsip money if accepted off Waitlists

Postby bmathers » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Chance at money off the WL = yes. Some schools more-so than others, though. Last cycle I received money off the WL at a couple schools, but I didn't accept (hence going again this cycle).

melmelcoolj

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:18 am

I have the same question. I applied to late this cycle, I feel like I would end up getting waitlisted at almost every single T14. What kind of money we are looking at if accepted off the wl?

Ferrisjso
still learning numbers

Postby Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:21 am

bmathers wrote:Chance at money off the WL = yes. Some schools more-so than others, though. Last cycle I received money off the WL at a couple schools, but I didn't accept (hence going again this cycle).

Out of curiosity, how much? Would it be less than the amount you receive outright with the same numbers?

bmathers

Postby bmathers » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:55 am

Ferrisjso wrote:
bmathers wrote:Chance at money off the WL = yes. Some schools more-so than others, though. Last cycle I received money off the WL at a couple schools, but I didn't accept (hence going again this cycle).

Out of curiosity, how much? Would it be less than the amount you receive outright with the same numbers?

Well, with the same numbers you are not going to be accepted outright if you were WL'd. It depends on what they need, I don't really have an answer to that. For example, I received $35k/yr from Villanova in early August. Granted, that was with a new LSAT. I hear Emory is known to offer money off the WL.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”