2018 USNWR Rankings

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
alpinespring

New

Re: 2018 USNWR Rankings

Postby alpinespring » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Last edited by alpinespring on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Came here for rpupkin posts. Was not disappointed.

brightthru2014

New

Postby brightthru2014 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Last edited by brightthru2014 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 pm

brightthru2014 wrote:As someone who goes to GULC:

1. This sucks as much as I want to pretend otherwise
2. There are a ton of fucking dumb kids at this school, I am rarely impressed by the contributions of the average GULC student in class, compared to the elite undergrad institution I went to where I was consistently impressed by the insights / quickness of wit of my peers
3. All of the good kids transferred out after 1L year, I'm talking like 5-10% of the class
4. There are a ton of kids at this school who do not come from good schools and had bad grades / LSATs to the extent that it is genuinely offensive to me (I know a white kid who got in with a 158 LSAT)
5. There are a ton of 'diversity' kids whose grades in undergrad are particularly shocking
6. None of my reasonably smart above average friends had any issues going into BigLaw wherever they wanted in the country
7. A lot of kids at the school have 0 ambition (by my twisted capitalist standards) and genuinely want to go into public interest, I think this percentage is higher than other schools because those personalities self-select to live in DC
8. There are still a ton of kids who are genuinely brilliant
9. GULC could cut 100 kids from it's total class size and would be in the top 12, they should do that

Pomeranian

Bronze

Postby Pomeranian » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:29 pm

2. There are a ton of fucking dumb kids at this school, I am rarely impressed by the contributions of the average GULC student in class, compared to the elite undergrad institution I went to where I was consistently impressed by the insights / quickness of wit of my peers
3. All of the good kids transferred out after 1L year, I'm talking like 5-10% of the class
4. There are a ton of kids at this school who do not come from good schools and had bad grades / LSATs to the extent that it is genuinely offensive to me (I know a white kid who got in with a 158 LSAT)
5. There are a ton of 'diversity' kids whose grades in undergrad are particularly shocking
6. None of my reasonably smart above average friends had any issues going into BigLaw wherever they wanted in the country
7. A lot of kids at the school have 0 ambition (by my twisted capitalist standards) and genuinely want to go into public interest, I think this percentage is higher than other schools because those personalities self-select to live in DC
9. GULC could cut 100 kids from it's total class size and would be in the top 12, they should do that

The Law Center's star has really fallen... :*(

alpinespring

New

Postby alpinespring » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Last edited by alpinespring on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

MKC

Diamond

Postby MKC » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:30 pm

alpinespring wrote:
Kali the Annihilator wrote:WaPo reports that a medium sized Washington DC suburb has seen its rankings plummet. School Mayor searching for answers.

Are you being sarcastic or sincere? Couldn't find the WP article -- would you mind sharing the link if you weren't joking?

LOLOLOLOL
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpinespring

New

Postby alpinespring » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Last edited by alpinespring on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:40 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
alpinespring wrote:
Kali the Annihilator wrote:WaPo reports that a medium sized Washington DC suburb has seen its rankings plummet. School Mayor searching for answers.

Are you being sarcastic or sincere? Couldn't find the WP article -- would you mind sharing the link if you weren't joking?

LOLOLOLOL

"School Mayor" probably should have tipped you off, although in fairness I wouldn't expect a law school to be called a "Law Center," either.

Monday

Silver

Postby Monday » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Npret

Silver

Postby Npret » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:50 pm

No one finds #5 problematic? Also #7?
#9 would have happened already if they could afford it, Michigan did. My guess is they don't care enough to try to fight for a place or they know it's impossible.

Brobot

New

Postby Brobot » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:53 pm

alpinespring wrote:

Thank you for being honest.

I really appreciate you sharing your insights. Thank you.

+1. Thank goodness for those elite undergrad institution insights / quickness of wit.

Do you even ABA bro?

Transfers out in 2013: 7
Transfers out in 2014: 8
Transfers out in 2015: 14
Transfers out in 2016: 11

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Brobot wrote:
alpinespring wrote:

Thank you for being honest.

I really appreciate you sharing your insights. Thank you.

+1. Thank goodness for those elite undergrad institution insights / quickness of wit.

Do you even ABA bro?

Transfers out in 2013: 7
Transfers out in 2014: 8
Transfers out in 2015: 14
Transfers out in 2016: 11

Clearly there were only 11 good students. No wonder they dropped out of the T14

kingpin101

Bronze

Postby kingpin101 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Why the hell do you know the undergrad grades of diversity kids?

runinthefront

Gold

Postby runinthefront » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:11 pm

This is a bad post, and you should feel bad for making such a bad post.
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TudoBem

Bronze

Postby TudoBem » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Veil of Ignorance wrote:I wonder if Chicago passed Columbia because it's emphasizing GPA so much more. Didn't MS9 write a post about LSAT medians not affecting the USNWR ranking after a school reaches 170?

Chicago passed Columbia because it's higher job placement and bar pass rate. Simple.

cub1014

Bronze

Postby cub1014 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:14 pm

There are multiple schools that should be above Michigan at this point and aren't. USNWR does not put enough emphasis on job outcomes!

TudoBem

Bronze

Postby TudoBem » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Rigo wrote:I don't get how rinky dink iowa is T20.

same

Instrumental

Silver

Postby Instrumental » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Well I for one am unphased and still thrilled about my acceptance to Georgetown. They have a great international law program and clinics.

NYU and Stanford plz let me in. I got these cheeseburgers man.

alpinespring

New

Postby alpinespring » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:20 pm

Last edited by alpinespring on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smaug

Diamond

Postby smaug » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:24 pm

kingpin101 wrote:

Why the hell do you know the undergrad grades of diversity kids?

Scholarship is important.

georgej

Gold

Postby georgej » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Harvard already planning revenge raid ala general woundwort and his efrafrans against watership down (stanford). This agressions will not stand, man

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Postby Veil of Ignorance » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 pm

There are kids attending GULC?

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm

(poster who accused "Anonymous User" of trolling)

Stephylynette

Bronze

Postby Stephylynette » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Am I the only one jazzed to be able to call Duke a T10 again?

Also vv jazzed

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?