2018 USNWR Rankings

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Pomeranian

Bronze

Re: 2018 USNWR Rankings

Postby Pomeranian » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:01 am

mojomeltdown wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
Iowa is fucking great. I feel bad for all you slumming it in the other 49.

Go Hawks!

dbalkaran

Silver

Postby dbalkaran » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
Pomeranian wrote:
wiz wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
wiz wrote:
I would say the average package at the top tech companies looks more like $110k base, $20k signing bonus, $60k stock, 10% end of year bonus.

Still comfortably $130k+ after including stock and bonus.

CS bros who get gigs at those companies have it pretty good. I've also seen some pretty eye-popping numbers from Uber and Snapchat pre IPO.

And they have really nice perks (free gourmet cafeteria on premises, sleeping pods, etc) and chill laid back working environment. :*(

Read an article about someone going homeless and living there. JFC. $250k with no living expenses.

Hikko since I know you are all about prestige (and because you were shitting on my UG) I am genuinely curious about what your thoughts are on these rankings. They seem kind of off to me.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/15/the-30-c ... money.html

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:09 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
Hikko since I know you are all about prestige (and because you were shitting on my UG) I am genuinely curious about what your thoughts are on these rankings. They seem kind of off to me.

Forget computer science. BIG MARITIME is clearly where the money's at.

wiz

Diamond

Postby wiz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:

Forget computer science. BIG MARITIME is clearly where the money's at.

How do I break into BIG MARITIME?

Is it possible to practice maritime law first and then backdoor into the business side of big maritime?

dbalkaran

Silver

Postby dbalkaran » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:30 pm

I don't understand where they got these numbers. I bet a lot of kids coming from Ivy League schools are making more than these averages in year one. I've never even heard of some of the schools on the list.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:34 pm

dbalkaran wrote:I don't understand where they got these numbers. I bet a lot of kids coming from Ivy League schools are making more than these averages in year one. I've never even heard of some of the schools on the list.

(attended unprestigious, landlocked university)

dbalkaran

Silver

Postby dbalkaran » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 pm

rpupkin wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:I don't understand where they got these numbers. I bet a lot of kids coming from Ivy League schools are making more than these averages in year one. I've never even heard of some of the schools on the list.

(Anonymous Internet forum poster that would never say that to my face)

star fox

Diamond

Postby star fox » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:31 am

Bentley has a good business school

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:19 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

rpupkin is a prole who has never attended an Ivy League institution. He still pines for Cornell law school. Have you seen his Penn hate? Clearly a bitter non-Ivy. Don't feel bad.

cavalier1138

Platinum

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:21 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

Quoted for posterity (both the posterity of it being an idiotic overreaction and the posterity of literally challenging someone on the internet to a fistfight like a fucking middle-schooler).

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:25 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

lmao. Just saw this and had flashes back to the Myspace days.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:27 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

big man

etramak

Silver

Postby etramak » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:01 pm

I abandoned this thread during the discussion of undergrad lay prestige. I regret checking in to see if it improved

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm

etramak wrote:I abandoned this thread during the discussion of undergrad lay prestige. I regret checking in to see if it improved

Should've known you can't improve on perfection.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:

This list makes a lot of sense actually. Most of these schools have really big engineering / cs programs which are the highest earners for people who just got UG degrees. The marine schools are on there because most of the people who go to those schools know they want to work in that industry so everyone who goes is makes a good salary and their averages aren't being drug down by a liberal arts degrees with relatively lower salaries. Honestly surprised the academies aren't on there for the same reason. Officers will make a guaranteed salary in that rough salary range and they are locked into that for at least 6 years after graduation.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:28 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

rpupkin is a prole who has never attended an Ivy League institution. He still pines for Cornell law school. Have you seen his Penn hate? Clearly a bitter non-Ivy. Don't feel bad.

True, but as bearfans23 has savvily sussed out, I still managed to land a prestigious Kozinski clerkship despite my lack of Ivy credentials. I am proud of overcoming obstacles.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:31 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

I have no idea where you went to school. I was making a joke about the maritime obsession of the person who made that list you were commenting on.

But, for the record, I would readily say to your face that your school--whatever it is--lacks prestige. LOL @ you and your unprestigious school.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:36 pm

rpupkin wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

True, but as bearfans23 has savvily sussed out, I still managed to land a prestigious Kozinski clerkship despite my lack of Ivy credentials. I am proud of overcoming obstacles.

maybe he thought you were cute. apparently he's into that kind of thing

shit should have posted this anon

dbalkaran

Silver

Postby dbalkaran » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:28 pm

rpupkin wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

I have no idea where you went to school. I was making a joke about the maritime obsession of the person who made that list you were commenting on.

But, for the record, I would readily say to your face that your school--whatever it is--lacks prestige. LOL @ you and your unprestigious school.

dbalkaran

Silver

Postby dbalkaran » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:29 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

Quoted for posterity (both the posterity of it being an idiotic overreaction and the posterity of literally challenging someone on the internet to a fistfight like a fucking middle-schooler).

Do you take everything in your life so seriously?

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:37 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

[non-responsive, unprestigious meme]

LOL @ your ineptitude. I bet you couldn't even get into lower-tier "Ivys" like Penn and Cornell. Just pathetic.

dbalkaran

Silver

Postby dbalkaran » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Says the guy who didn't attend an Ivy either :roll:

Dcc617

Gold

Postby Dcc617 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 pm

dbalkaran wrote:Says the guy who didn't attend an Ivy either :roll:

My dad is stronger than either of yours.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:27 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

Do you take everything in your life so seriously?

Lmao the irony. Rpumpkin is a master class troll. You're the only one taking anything seriously here.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:41 pm

literally LOL'd at "unprestigious meme"

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?