Seton Hall Law/ LEO program Alumni or current student thoughts? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jovilo

New

Seton Hall Law/ LEO program Alumni or current student thoughts?

Post by jovilo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:26 am

Hey guys,

Got into seton hall and it wasn't really on my radar before, as I was hoping to attend school locally and save commuting/living expenses cost. Looking to here from any current students there or any alumni who want to chime in (Good or bad). weighing my options, and I don't think i can just dismiss the school based solely on the bad rep given to it on these forums. I gained admission through the LEO initiative they run, so any vets of it who can give thoughts would be appreciated too. thanks!

jovilo

New

Re: Seton Hall Law/ LEO program Alumni or current student thoughts?

Post by jovilo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:59 pm

bump

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:25 pm

There is no need to bump a thread after 90 minutes of inactivity.

I don't know that you'll find someone from that particular program on these forums, but what are your ultimate career goals? And where do you want to work? Unless that specialized program guarantees you specific job options on graduation, there's no need for you to consider anything outside of Seton Hall's actual job placement statistics and your cost of attendance.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:19 pm

I applied to Seton Hall and was admitted with a modest scholarship, but even with that I would have been looking at a mound of debt. They have good employment numbers, but SHU is scary expensive for what it is. I withdrew my app based on that, as I felt that I had better offers elsewhere. They negotiated, but when they came back with only a $5k/yr increase (after showing full-rides at similiar schools in the same geographic region), I was not a happy camper and withdrew.

What other schools/offers are you looking at? What did they offer you?

insidescoop

New

Post by insidescoop » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:56 am

WARNING Seton Hall Law LEO Applicants.

If you are accepted through the LEO Program, you will have one less course your first semester to meet the 2.0 GPA requirement by the end of the 1st academic year or face dismissal. The 2 week prep program is not enough to prep students for the law school experience.

It seems unjust that the school accepts students with educational disadvantages and does not take this into consideration when accessing whether he or she should be dismissed. The retention of the LEO students (as i have seen) has decreased and only works to further pigeon hole disadvantaged groups. DO NOT EXPECT DEANS TO BE UNDERSTANDING. The school will use you as marketing tool and get rid of you the minute you do not comply with these policies. They will leave you out to dry with 70k Plus in private loans (unless you are given other aid).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Facelessgod

New

Post by Facelessgod » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:25 pm

areyouinsane wrote:Dear God, choosing b/t Brooklyn and Seton Hall? That's like deciding whether to drink cyanide or put a pistol in your mouth. Both schools are absurdly overpriced, have abysmal biglaw placement, and mostly just operate as diploma mills to siphon Stafford loan booty into the hands of their fatcat admins and profs.

Spend some time on this website to get an idea of what awaits you OP:

http://temporaryattorney.blogspot.com/2 ... idity.html

Lawsxhoolgal

New

Post by Lawsxhoolgal » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi, I recently applied to Seton Hall Law with LEO consideration and I was wondering if you can PM me what your stats were and if you ended up enrolling?

MATTROSE94

New

Post by MATTROSE94 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:44 pm

Lawsxhoolgal wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:58 pm
Hi, I recently applied to Seton Hall Law with LEO consideration and I was wondering if you can PM me what your stats were and if you ended up enrolling?
Hi. I would think twice about applying to Seton Hall Law school. My experience was the same as that described by the user insidescoop in their July 2018 post. If you like, you can PM me for more details.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”