UC Davis is Outrageous

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chicagoburger

Bronze

UC Davis is Outrageous

Postby chicagoburger » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:35 pm

1. Keep sending emails to tell me to fill out Financial Aid info before admission decision

2. In the email, there is a special instruction for undocumented students to get in-state tuition, really?!

Mikey

Platinum

Re: UC Davis is Outrageous

Postby Mikey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:40 pm

They're most likely just trying to remind you to fill out your financial aid stuff before some deadlines. Don't flip out about it yo.

chicagoburger

Bronze

Postby chicagoburger » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Mikey wrote:They're most likely just trying to remind you to fill out your financial aid stuff before some deadlines. Don't flip out about it yo.

It's the only school that does this.
For #2, I feel sorry for those Californian taxpayers.

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:59 pm

chicagoburger wrote:
2. In the email, there is a special instruction for undocumented students to get in-state tuition, really?!

Oh good grief.

snowball17

New

Postby snowball17 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:51 pm

chicagoburger wrote:1. Keep sending emails to tell me to fill out Financial Aid info before admission decision

As a tax-paying Californian, your ignorance is quite concerning. For most undocumented students, their parents' incomes are so low that they most likely won't have to pay taxes anyways even if they were legal. And by not claiming the other benefits available to low-income legal residents, one could argue that undocumented students pose a lower cost to the state.

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:52 pm

snowball17 wrote:
chicagoburger wrote:1. Keep sending emails to tell me to fill out Financial Aid info before admission decision

As a tax-paying Californian, your ignorance is quite concerning. For most undocumented students, their parents' incomes are so low that they most likely won't have to pay taxes anyways even if they were legal. And by not claiming the other benefits available to low-income legal residents, one could argue that undocumented students pose a lower cost to the state.

Also, undocumented students do pay payroll taxes if they have jobs. They aren't simply living off the state and not paying anything in as some seem to believe.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:53 pm

snowball17 wrote:

Thank you, you restored my hope in humanity for the day :D

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Clearly, this should be your top priority in the law school admissions process. Don't listen to people when they say retake or to consider other options. ONLY consider whether the school's financial aid conflicts with your Trumpian values.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:55 pm

chicagoburger wrote:
Mikey wrote:They're most likely just trying to remind you to fill out your financial aid stuff before some deadlines. Don't flip out about it yo.

It's the only school that does this.
For #2, I feel sorry for those Californian taxpayers.

Well the priority deadline for the FAFSA is today so.... They're trying to help you out.

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:56 pm

To be fair, this isn't NEARLY as outrageous as Illinois's admissions policies.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=274687&p=9822617#p9822617

I can't believe the school would prefer higher LSATs to lower ones. How dare they.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:56 pm

SweetTort wrote:Clearly, this should be your top priority in the law school admissions process. Don't listen to people when they say retake or to consider other options. ONLY consider whether the school's financial aid conflicts with your Trumpian values.

Literally don't know why someone who has these views would apply to school in California, one of the most liberal states (actually, probably THE most liberal state) in the US.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:59 pm

SweetTort wrote:To be fair, this isn't NEARLY as outrageous as Illinois's admissions policies.

I can't believe the school would prefer higher LSATs to lower ones. How dare they.

OP is also complained that John Marshall Law seems to be unfriendly when he/she attended admitted students day and complained that people should stop telling people to retake. As someone who complains about the most trivial of things, clearly law school/lawyering is going to be a cakewalk for OP.

snowball17

New

Postby snowball17 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:00 pm

brinicolec wrote:
SweetTort wrote:Clearly, this should be your top priority in the law school admissions process. Don't listen to people when they say retake or to consider other options. ONLY consider whether the school's financial aid conflicts with your Trumpian values.

Literally don't know why someone who has these views would apply to school in California, one of the most liberal states (actually, probably THE most liberal state) in the US.

Give him a break, I think the OP is just really fired up from Trump's speech last night :lol:

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:00 pm

I choked.

zot1

Gold

Postby zot1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Sooo what makes it a Chicago burger? Is it deep dish?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:06 pm

SweetTort wrote:To be fair, this isn't NEARLY as outrageous as Illinois's admissions policies.

you should seriously retake, bro

chicagoburger

Bronze

Postby chicagoburger » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Mikey wrote:

I am retaking. And I just withdrew my application from UC Davis.

chili_davis

Bronze

Postby chili_davis » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:08 pm

zot1 wrote:Sooo what makes it a Chicago burger? Is it deep dish?

I believe a "Chicago burger" is more a reference to the process in which it's made. During the cooking of the beek patty it's common practice to continually say "Da Bears" and presto you have a finely cooked Chicago burger.

chicagoburger

Bronze

Postby chicagoburger » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:11 pm

brinicolec wrote:

Good point. I didn't know UC Davis would force their political view in the admission process.

zot1

Gold

Postby zot1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:14 pm

chili_davis wrote:
zot1 wrote:Sooo what makes it a Chicago burger? Is it deep dish?

I believe a "Chicago burger" is more a reference to the process in which it's made. During the cooking of the beek patty it's common practice to continually say "Da Bears" and presto you have a finely cooked Chicago burger.

Do you have to say while staring at a poster of a naked Jay Cutler or nah?

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:14 pm

chicagoburger wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

Good point. I didn't know UC Davis would force their political view in the admission process.

Hahahahaha you're either a shit person or a lovely person with a skill at trolling, and I can't tell which.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:15 pm

chicagoburger wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I am retaking. And I just withdrew my application from UC Davis.

No, not you. I was talking to sweettort. :mrgreen:

sublime

Diamond

Postby sublime » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:17 pm

chicagoburger wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

Take some time off. And stop making so many threads.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�