Minimum GPA Needed For A T-14 Fullride?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cantyoloforever

Bronze

Minimum GPA Needed For A T-14 Fullride?

Postby cantyoloforever » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:07 pm

What is the lowest GPA one can have, and still be able to earn a full-ride from a t-14 school?

I'm browsing MyLSN's 3.7 results, and it looks like the best they can do is earn a full at Duke or UVA with a 172 or 173. For higher ranked schools, no matter how high the LSAT score is, scholarships were only awarded as partials. Does that seem correct?

Keilz

Gold

Re: Minimum GPA Needed For A T-14 Fullride?

Postby Keilz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:59 am

you generally want to be above both 75%s for a substantial scholarship.

I have a 3.7 and got a little over half tuition with 75%th LSAT at Cornell and Michigan. 90K at Duke for median LSAT.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:47 am

cantyoloforever

Bronze

Postby cantyoloforever » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Keilz wrote:you generally want to be above both 75%s for a substantial scholarship.

I have a 3.7 and got a little over half tuition with 75%th LSAT at Cornell and Michigan. 90K at Duke for median LSAT.

I was waitlisted at all of those schools with the same stats :(

LawTweet

Bronze

Postby LawTweet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:50 pm

cantyoloforever wrote:What is the lowest GPA one can have, and still be able to earn a full-ride from a t-14 school?

I'm browsing MyLSN's 3.7 results, and it looks like the best they can do is earn a full at Duke or UVA with a 172 or 173. For higher ranked schools, no matter how high the LSAT score is, scholarships were only awarded as partials. Does that seem correct?

I had high 3.6/low 3.7 (not sure what they saw bc they got a transcript update) and I got a full scholarship to Michigan. Kind of mediocre money everywhere else to be honest, though.

cantyoloforever

Bronze

Postby cantyoloforever » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:56 pm

LawTweet wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:What is the lowest GPA one can have, and still be able to earn a full-ride from a t-14 school?

I had high 3.6/low 3.7 (not sure what they saw bc they got a transcript update) and I got a full scholarship to Michigan. Kind of mediocre money everywhere else to be honest, though.

What was your score, if you don't mind me asking?

LawTweet

Bronze

Postby LawTweet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:24 pm

cantyoloforever wrote:
LawTweet wrote:

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:57 pm

LawTweet wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:
LawTweet wrote:

But you've been having really really really good results as a whole though, and ppl with same stats as me have received varying amounts of aid at Duke, etc. so it goes to show you that numbers are only necessary, not sufficient

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:12 am

cantyoloforever

Bronze

Postby cantyoloforever » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Keilz wrote:
LawTweet wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:
LawTweet wrote:

But you've been having really really really good results as a whole though, and ppl with same stats as me have received varying amounts of aid at Duke, etc. so it goes to show you that numbers are only necessary, not sufficient

Interesting. I've been waitlisted at 8 of the t13 with a 3.7 and a 169....shows how much each point counts I guess

LawTweet

Bronze

Postby LawTweet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:37 pm

cantyoloforever wrote:
Keilz wrote:
LawTweet wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:
LawTweet wrote:

Interesting. I've been waitlisted at 8 of the t13 with a 3.7 and a 169....shows how much each point counts I guess

I think I just really outperformed my numbers (though still haven't heard from HYS) because of my softs/recs/essays.

bloomsday

Bronze

Postby bloomsday » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Last edited by bloomsday on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Npret

Gold

Postby Npret » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Im not even sure how many T14 fullride scholarships are available. Does anyone know? I've never looked. I would include ED NU.

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Postby Veil of Ignorance » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:23 pm

bloomsday wrote:I have a 3.7 and got a full ride at UVA and CCN. withdrew/didn't apply for money elsewhere.

High lsat and good softs, but the point is it's possible.

How high are we talking?

bloomsday

Bronze

Postby bloomsday » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�