(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
amygdala

New

Postby amygdala » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Last edited by amygdala on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: How do I correct omitted C&F info?

Postby UVA2B » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Write up an addendum to explain the incidents and their outcomes and how you've learned from the mistakes. I would also explain how you failed to understand that these things would be on your record. Then submit said addendum to admissions ASAP and ask to have your application amended to include the C&F addendum and be ready to provide anything else they ask for or need. Shouldn't be a huge deal if the infractions are minor (I'm assuming they are if you didn't realize these indiscretions would be on your record).

amygdala

New

Postby amygdala » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Last edited by amygdala on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:15 pm

amygdala wrote:How bad would it be if I only disclose to these schools and not to the schools I've already applied?

Don't do that. Just follow up with the schools that already have your app and say that you realized that your disciplinary record may reflect an incident that you hadn't realized was on there. Don't panic, and just state the facts. If they kept every college student with a minor drug-related infraction out of law school, there would be no law students.

amygdala

New

Postby amygdala » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Really appreciate your response. Couldn't thank you enough :)

amygdala

New

Postby amygdala » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:55 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
amygdala wrote:How bad would it be if I only disclose to these schools and not to the schools I've already applied?

Don't do that. Just follow up with the schools that already have your app and say that you realized that your disciplinary record may reflect an incident that you hadn't realized was on there. Don't panic, and just state the facts. If they kept every college student with a minor drug-related infraction out of law school, there would be no law students.

Final question: does it hurt my case to say that I am disclosing only after looking at my records?

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Don't frame it that way. Just inform them you realized you omitted a minor disciplinary action accidentally, and you wanted to amend and update your app.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�