freaking out - LOCI

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
plzhlp

New

freaking out - LOCI

Postby plzhlp » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 pm

I sent a LOCI in last week, addressed as "Dear Dean ___ and Members of the Admissions Committee:". I just realized that I accidentally addressed it to the dean of the law school, not dean of admissions. How big of a faux-pas is this? I'm seriously panicking and freaking out.

The admissions office responded and informed me that the LOCI was added to my file, fwiw.

chicagoburger

Bronze

Re: freaking out - LOCI

Postby chicagoburger » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:15 am

plzhlp wrote:I sent a LOCI in last week, addressed as "Dear Dean ___ and Members of the Admissions Committee:". I just realized that I accidentally addressed it to the dean of the law school, not dean of admissions. How big of a faux-pas is this? I'm seriously panicking and freaking out.

The admissions office responded and informed me that the LOCI was added to my file, fwiw.

Take it easy. Nobody will care about this when there are hundreds of letters of withdraw waiting to be read.

SPerez

Bronze

Postby SPerez » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:00 pm

I know it's easier for me to say than for you to do, but relax. Would it have been better had you not made that mistake? Sure? But is it the end of the world? No. Depending on the school and the people actually reading it, they may not even notice.

For me, it was most important that a student actually DID the LOCI. What it said was not super important (unless it was just outright poorly written or ridiculous) because, really, there isn't much different people can say. You love the school, the programs, the [whatever else they brag about in their viewbook]. It was usually pretty easy to tell, though, when someone was just blowing smoke and when they actually had a real interest in my school.

Stephen M. Perez
Prof. & Fmr. Admissions Dean

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Dinged

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�