Considering Law School App. Consultant for Essays, Tips/Recommendations?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
littlewing67

Silver

Considering Law School App. Consultant for Essays, Tips/Recommendations?

Postby littlewing67 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

floatie

Silver

Re: Considering Law School App. Consultant for Essays, Tips/Recommendations?

Postby floatie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:58 pm

I used one this cycle and found it marginally helpful, but not necessary. While I would say I ended up with strong essays and such, I haven't really outperformed my numbers or anything. I think you can get enough help from people on this forum, especially since basically what you're looking for is extra sets of eyes to help proofread and give feedback, and every summer/fall some people start stepping forward to offer feedback on written documents.

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:24 pm

I would say with the quality of the free advice that MS9 gives out on here, the satisfied customers who pay them must be getting something good. I tend to agree that you can probably construct a decent application following the free advice and having friends/ family help with proofreading. I think where the law school expertise may come in more handy is WL/ Scholarship negotiation, as there is less free advice floating around about that sort of thing.

S.Picquery

Silver

Postby S.Picquery » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Are you still nearby your undergrad? If so, is there a prelaw advisor there? They are consultants paid by your school that you should have access to even as an alum, so you don't have to shell out the $$ for what is essentially only marginal help with apps

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�