Now they're messing with me

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
PermanentlyOnline
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Now they're messing with me

Postby PermanentlyOnline » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:41 pm

:oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So after I more or less make up my mind to attend UOregon law, I receive an email today from Case Western- awarded the Hugo Grotius scholarship of ___ a year. they're messing with me, right???? HELP ME SOMEONE! :? :? :?

hurley325
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:17 am

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby hurley325 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:50 pm

That is funny. If it is a named scholarship it should be pretty good sized.

I guess I really should have written that "Why Case?" essay because there are people with lower numbers than me who applied after me who have gotten in and gotten scholarship emails today.

finalnight
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:30 am

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby finalnight » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:54 pm

PermanentlyOnline wrote::oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So after I more or less make up my mind to attend UOregon law, I receive an email today from Case Western- awarded the Hugo Grotius scholarship of ___ a year. they're messing with me, right???? HELP ME SOMEONE! :? :? :?


I would call and ask them what amount ___ is.

User avatar
Ludo
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby Ludo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Did UO offer any money?

User avatar
brizz9
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:29 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby brizz9 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Where do you want to practice?

User avatar
PermanentlyOnline
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:09 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby PermanentlyOnline » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:58 pm

this just in-- __ is not that much, 5k. And Oregon isn't offering any money as far as I'm aware, but from what I understand, it's still a cheaper deal. I'm a native Chicagoan, and while I'm OK with moving, I would like to one day end up back in the Windy city....

User avatar
Ludo
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby Ludo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Is it just me or does Hugo Grotius sound like a totally fake name to anyone else?

Sammyler
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:35 am

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby Sammyler » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:24 pm

i thought that was what he meant by "messing with me". I was going to say, yes they are because Hugo Grotius totally isn't a real name.

User avatar
rucoach
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:57 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby rucoach » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:44 pm

Hugo Grotius in one of the founders of international law.

Back to grading history essays.

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby woeisme » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:24 am

Ludo wrote:Is it just me or does Hugo Grotius sound like a totally fake name to anyone else?


Haha. Totally does.

User avatar
creamedcats
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:44 am

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby creamedcats » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:08 am

.
Last edited by creamedcats on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby traehekat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 am

Ludo wrote:Is it just me or does Hugo Grotius sound like a totally fake name to anyone else?


Just had an exam and he was on one of the questions. I had no idea who he was. I still don't. I don't think I did very well on that exam...

Anyone seen that movie Blank Check? I think the solution is pretty clear here...

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 am

traehekat wrote:
Ludo wrote:Is it just me or does Hugo Grotius sound like a totally fake name to anyone else?


Just had an exam and he was on one of the questions. I had no idea who he was. I still don't. I don't think I did very well on that exam...

Anyone seen that movie Blank Check? I think the solution is pretty clear here...


that movie is so badass. life lesson: a 13 year old with a blank check can get a sweet house, install a water slide, hire a butler, purchase go carts and inflatable sumo suits, but he can't buy love. awww.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby traehekat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:15 am

webbylu87 wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Ludo wrote:Is it just me or does Hugo Grotius sound like a totally fake name to anyone else?


Just had an exam and he was on one of the questions. I had no idea who he was. I still don't. I don't think I did very well on that exam...

Anyone seen that movie Blank Check? I think the solution is pretty clear here...


that movie is so badass. life lesson: a 13 year old with a blank check can get a sweet house, install a water slide, hire a butler, purchase go carts and inflatable sumo suits, but he can't buy love. awww.


Sweet house/water slide/butler/go karts/inflatable sumo suits > love.

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:31 am

traehekat wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Ludo wrote:Is it just me or does Hugo Grotius sound like a totally fake name to anyone else?


Just had an exam and he was on one of the questions. I had no idea who he was. I still don't. I don't think I did very well on that exam...

Anyone seen that movie Blank Check? I think the solution is pretty clear here...


that movie is so badass. life lesson: a 13 year old with a blank check can get a sweet house, install a water slide, hire a butler, purchase go carts and inflatable sumo suits, but he can't buy love. awww.


Sweet house/water slide/butler/go karts/inflatable sumo suits > love.


totally fair.

charlesjd
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: Now they're messing with me

Postby charlesjd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 am

webbylu87 wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Sweet house/water slide/butler/go karts/inflatable sumo suits > love.


totally fair.


+1




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], NCGuy, oliviaj_j, q2w3e, TaxSuperBoy and 4 guests