Gap in academics addendum? (Rabbinical school)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
newtothisny

New

Gap in academics addendum? (Rabbinical school)

Postby newtothisny » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Hey everyone. I'm applying to law schools now but am wondering if I should include an addendum for a gap in academics. I have been in rabbinical school for those years(5), but as it is an un-accredited school, it wouldn't be reflected in my transcripts, only in my resume. Should I explain how those years were formative for me, or are schools OK with the fact that I have been in an un-accredited school and an addendum is unnecessary?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Gap in academics addendum? (Rabbinical school)

Postby cavalier1138 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Just to clarify, are you saying that you broke up your regular undergraduate studies with rabbinical school?

If that's the case, then it's worth writing an addendum. If you just went to rabbinical school after undergrad, then I think your resume will give them enough information.

newtothisny

New

Postby newtothisny » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:26 pm

I broke up my regular undergraduate studies with rabbinical school. Thanks for the response and for helping me clarify.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:00 pm

newtothisny wrote:I broke up my regular undergraduate studies with rabbinical school. Thanks for the response and for helping me clarify.

Most of the schools I applied to had a specific question asking if my undergraduate study had been "interrupted" for any reason, and if it had, to provide an explanation.

So yes, write an addendum.

I don't think you need to editorialize the addendum though. Just stick to dates and facts. The apps ask that question to fish out C&F issues, which this isn't so don't sweat it.

Do you not mention this in your PS?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�