Scholarship chances at Notre Dame? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rsoxfan5000

New

Scholarship chances at Notre Dame?

Post by rsoxfan5000 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Notre Dame gave me $400 towards travel expenses to visit the campus; I also received a handwritten letter from an admissions worker and a letter from the dean (which came two weeks after getting my acceptance packet). Are these pretty standard things? I'm really hoping to get a solid scholarship from the school. I'm above both 75 %s and come from a humble background.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Scholarship chances at Notre Dame?

Post by UVA2B » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:38 pm

rsoxfan5000 wrote:Notre Dame gave me $400 towards travel expenses to visit the campus; I also received a handwritten letter from an admissions worker and a letter from the dean (which came two weeks after getting my acceptance packet). Are these pretty standard things? I'm really hoping to get a solid scholarship from the school. I'm above both 75 %s and come from a humble background.
It's standard, and no indication of scholarships. But your numbers suggest you'd get a solid scholarship offer, so just do what they ask for scholarship consideration, and see what happens.

yyyuppp

Bronze

Re: Scholarship chances at Notre Dame?

Post by yyyuppp » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:45 pm

You should be in line for something good off the bat I think. I had way different numbers and didn't end up going there, but I was able to get a signifant increase after a few rounds of negotiating with them. Pm me if you want.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”