Do They Really Google?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BostonOrBust

Bronze

Do They Really Google?

Postby BostonOrBust » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 pm

I am, erm... somewhat (read: a lot) of a Title IX activist. My passion for serving college sexual assault survivors is all over my application, but I wasn't super explicit about my activism. I'm not embarrassed and I absolutely stand by all that I've done. But if they google me they may think I'm a trouble maker or a lawsuit waiting to happen.

At this point there isn't anything I can do about it as it's already online and my applications are already in. But I'm just curious. Do we think they actually google applicants or nah?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Do They Really Google?

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:50 pm

Yes, they do. No, your activism won't hurt you.

DriveLikeNashvillian

New

Re: Do They Really Google?

Postby DriveLikeNashvillian » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:24 pm

BostonOrBust wrote:I am, erm... somewhat (read: a lot) of a Title IX activist. My passion for serving college sexual assault survivors is all over my application, but I wasn't super explicit about my activism. I'm not embarrassed and I absolutely stand by all that I've done. But if they google me they may think I'm a trouble maker or a lawsuit waiting to happen.

At this point there isn't anything I can do about it as it's already online and my applications are already in. But I'm just curious. Do we think they actually google applicants or nah?

As far as I've been told, some do and some don't. Googling me might bring up something somewhat questionable, but it wasn't/isn't that significant, and I haven't been rejected anywhere yet. My anecdotal experience, anyway.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�