(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:32 pm
I'm signed up to take the February LSAT. I want to use my last take to try and gain scholly leverage/get off waitlists. I've already submitted apps and informed schools to consider my current score. However, one of the schools I'm applying to informed me that they will not consider my app until after Feb scores are released. Their deadline is Feb.1st, so going complete in March would put me at a significant disadvantage. I'm totally bummed out. Is this a normal practice??
- Posts: 3761
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm
legallychels20 wrote:Don't really want to call them out, but it's a T20 school.
I had a t20 school tell me that they would be holding my app for my february test scores against my wishes as well, even though I was at or above the medians. I'm guessing it might be the same one.
- A. Nony Mouse
- Posts: 29306
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am
In theory if law schools actually do holistic review, then it makes sense that if they know you're re-taking, they want to see the final score before they reach a decision. (They don't really but I understand why they want to look like they do.) Besides, it advantages you if your current score wouldn't actually get you in - waiting to apply with (hopefully) a better score is a better outcome that having them look at your application now and getting flat rejected.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 26 guests