Pass/Fail Courses

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fayeho

New

Pass/Fail Courses

Postby fayeho » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm an undergrad at William and Mary, and I'm in the business school. I'm currently taking two required 1-credit pass/fail courses in the business school (pass/fail being the only grading option), and two other 1-credit required pass/fail courses (pass/fail only being the grading option) for being a TA. I've heard that we shouldn't take too many pass/fail courses, but these pass/fail courses are required and have no other grading options, so I was wondering if these classes would hurt my Law School Application to the best law schools.

cavalier1138

Platinum

Re: Pass/Fail Courses

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:46 pm

They're one-credit courses, so they won't hurt at all. If, however, you also have 25 other one-credit P/F courses, that would be an issue.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Postby trebekismyhero » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:46 pm

fayeho wrote:I'm an undergrad at William and Mary, and I'm in the business school. I'm currently taking two required 1-credit pass/fail courses in the business school (pass/fail being the only grading option), and two other 1-credit required pass/fail courses (pass/fail only being the grading option) for being a TA. I've heard that we shouldn't take too many pass/fail courses, but these pass/fail courses are required and have no other grading options, so I was wondering if these classes would hurt my Law School Application to the best law schools.

It will not affect your law school application

LawTweet

Bronze

Postby LawTweet » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:01 pm

fayeho wrote:I'm an undergrad at William and Mary, and I'm in the business school. I'm currently taking two required 1-credit pass/fail courses in the business school (pass/fail being the only grading option), and two other 1-credit required pass/fail courses (pass/fail only being the grading option) for being a TA. I've heard that we shouldn't take too many pass/fail courses, but these pass/fail courses are required and have no other grading options, so I was wondering if these classes would hurt my Law School Application to the best law schools.

I have 8 pass/fail classes on my transcript (maybe even more), four of which were optional, and I've had a very good cycle so far.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�