Should I contact admissions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
phillygirl77

New

Should I contact admissions?

Postby phillygirl77 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:38 am

I am waiting to hear back from one of my schools that I applied to in mid-November. I previously had applied there two cycles ago and was accepted and offered a full ride. Looking at LSN, I've seen a couple of people who applied after I did with lower stats, get accepted and I'm wondering if I should email the admissions office and politely ask for a status update. The school is rolling admissions and their status checker says that decisions are usually reached in 6-8 weeks and at this point it's been about 9 weeks so I'm getting antsy. Should I just wait it out and hope for the best?

floatie

Silver

Re: Should I contact admissions?

Postby floatie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:05 am

phillygirl77 wrote:I am waiting to hear back from one of my schools that I applied to in mid-November. I previously had applied there two cycles ago and was accepted and offered a full ride. Looking at LSN, I've seen a couple of people who applied after I did with lower stats, get accepted and I'm wondering if I should email the admissions office and politely ask for a status update. The school is rolling admissions and their status checker says that decisions are usually reached in 6-8 weeks and at this point it's been about 9 weeks so I'm getting antsy. Should I just wait it out and hope for the best?

Patience is a virtue. As long as your application is complete, you'll be fine. There are a number of reasons why you might not have heard back yet, and none of them are worth calling up the admissions office.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Postby SunDevil14 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Consider writing a letter of continued interest. You were offered a full scholarship in the past, which you declined. Perhaps the admissions officers believe that you see school X as a backup plan rather and a school you are serious about attending.

brinicolec

Gold

Postby brinicolec » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Wait it out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�