CSS profile for schools that haven't accepted me?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kpadoreo

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:28 am

CSS profile for schools that haven't accepted me?

Postby kpadoreo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 pm

I have been accepted to Duke and am completing the CSS Profile, but am wondering if I need to complete it for the schools to which I have yet to be accepted. I would really rather wait before dropping even more money on applications. Would I be able to go back and add more schools to this list later?

User avatar
dianersg

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 am

Re: CSS profile for schools that haven't accepted me?

Postby dianersg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:51 pm

You can go back and add schools once you have submitted the CSS. I have just been adding schools that require it as I get accepted.

kpadoreo

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:28 am

Re: CSS profile for schools that haven't accepted me?

Postby kpadoreo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:27 pm

dianersg wrote:You can go back and add schools once you have submitted the CSS. I have just been adding schools that require it as I get accepted.


Okay great. And if I haven't heard back from schools by mid-February though I should probably just go ahead and do it? Or is there not a time limit on the CSS like with the FAFSA?

User avatar
dianersg

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 am

Re: CSS profile for schools that haven't accepted me?

Postby dianersg » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:07 pm

kpadoreo wrote:
dianersg wrote:You can go back and add schools once you have submitted the CSS. I have just been adding schools that require it as I get accepted.


Okay great. And if I haven't heard back from schools by mid-February though I should probably just go ahead and do it? Or is there not a time limit on the CSS like with the FAFSA?


Looks like some schools require it to be filed by March 1 whether a decision has been made or not, but I would check the website of each school before I spent the money.

kpadoreo

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:28 am

Re: CSS profile for schools that haven't accepted me?

Postby kpadoreo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 pm

dianersg wrote:
kpadoreo wrote:
dianersg wrote:You can go back and add schools once you have submitted the CSS. I have just been adding schools that require it as I get accepted.


Okay great. And if I haven't heard back from schools by mid-February though I should probably just go ahead and do it? Or is there not a time limit on the CSS like with the FAFSA?


Looks like some schools require it to be filed by March 1 whether a decision has been made or not, but I would check the website of each school before I spent the money.


Yeah good call



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests