GPA Drop-Update Transcript?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
T5Hopeful

New

GPA Drop-Update Transcript?

Postby T5Hopeful » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Hello everybody!

I’m currently in a conundrum and I thought I’d consult the experience of TLS in pursuit of an appropriate answer.
I’ve already taken my LSAT (scored a 163) back in December of 2013, but ultimately decided to hold off on applying because I wanted to add a major in biology. Though my cGPA states a 3.9 according to LSAC, since I made sure to submit my transcript during the summer of 2014, I currently now have a 3.2 I haven’t uploaded an updated transcript yet, in fear of limiting possible school options. I currently have a 2-year employment commitment beginning in the fall so I won't be applying until the 2018-2019 cycle--the year my LSAT expires. What should I do?

FWIW, I’m an African-American male.

GFox345

Bronze

Re: GPA Drop-Update Transcript?

Postby GFox345 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:47 pm

T5Hopeful wrote:Hello everybody!

I’m currently in a conundrum and I thought I’d consult the experience of TLS in pursuit of an appropriate answer.
I’ve already taken my LSAT (scored a 163) back in December of 2013, but ultimately decided to hold off on applying because I wanted to add a major in biology. Though my cGPA states a 3.9 according to LSAC, since I made sure to submit my transcript during the summer of 2014, I currently now have a 3.2 I haven’t uploaded an updated transcript yet, in fear of limiting possible school options. I currently have a 2-year employment commitment beginning in the fall so I won't be applying until the 2018-2019 cycle--the year my LSAT expires. What should I do?

FWIW, I’m an African-American male.

You will most certainly have to update your transcript before you can submit a completed application to any law school, and it doesn't really matter whether you do it now or later. Your GPA is what it is, and any school will require that you submit a full transcript before you attend and at least a current one before you can apply.

Your URM status will definitely help you, but obviously the drop from a 3.9 to a 3.2 is a huge blow to your application. I would have recommended retaking the LSAT anyway, but now it is even more important. Just study hard while working (I did it this way), retake and get some nice money in the T-14. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?