Letter of Recommendation

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
plutarchy

New

Letter of Recommendation

Postby plutarchy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:44 pm

I asked one of my professors to write me a LOR a while ago. We worked together on my senior honors thesis and we had a pretty good relationship. I assumed he knew me pretty well and hoped he would have good things to share. He agreed, but I've been waiting for weeks for the letter. I've been mailing him and calling him, and I've just been getting the cold shoulder. When we do have an opportunity to talk he says that he'll work on it. At this point, I've already send in all my information to law schools and they are just waiting on this one letter. I already have two letters of recommendationso I technically don't need this one. Should I just remove this professor as a recommender? Will that look bad?

sethnoorzad

New

Re: Letter of Recommendation

Postby sethnoorzad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:34 pm

I you already have two letters, why not go ahead and submit. With this prof's pattern of behavior, doesn't seem like you will get a great letter out of it even if you do wait.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:47 pm

Move forward with the two letters. Law schools won't give a shit.

plutarchy

New

Postby plutarchy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Ok thanks for your help.

plutarchy

New

Postby plutarchy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Is it ok that only 1 letter is from a professor? the other is from the principal of the school where I'm teaching this year.

Incrementalist

Bronze

Postby Incrementalist » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Move fwd with your application process. You want professors who are going to be eager to write on your behalf. If you already have two solid recommendations I would move fwd with those individuals. Hope everything works out for you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�