When to send letter of continued interest?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Thelaw23

Silver

When to send letter of continued interest?

Postby Thelaw23 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:37 pm

If waitlisted, when is a good time to send a letter of continued interest? Should I send them in the beginning of February? Or closer March when all the application deadlines are? Or even April when they will better see their class size and if they need to add more people.

I just don't want them to get it and forget about it, but I kind of want to send it so it sends my app to the top of the pile the exact moment they start looking at their waitlist.

I have waitlists that are from October and another that is recent, should I send out the October one asap?

Thelaw23

Silver

Re: When to send letter of continued interest?

Postby Thelaw23 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Bump :(

floatie

Silver

Re: When to send letter of continued interest?

Postby floatie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:If waitlisted, when is a good time to send a letter of continued interest? Should I send them in the beginning of February? Or closer March when all the application deadlines are? Or even April when they will better see their class size and if they need to add more people.

I just don't want them to get it and forget about it, but I kind of want to send it so it sends my app to the top of the pile the exact moment they start looking at their waitlist.

I have waitlists that are from October and another that is recent, should I send out the October one asap?

I would send out your Oct letter now. Some admissions people have said that sending a LOCI about once a month after your first one is sufficient; don't send one any more frequently.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�