Six undergrad honor code violations

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
springmatters

New

Six undergrad honor code violations

Postby springmatters » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:54 am

Hello,

As the titles states, I had six undergrad honor code violations, 5/6 in my freshman and sophomore year. 4/6 of them relate to alcohol and marijuana, although I only received discipline for one of them, in the form of an essay. How fucked am I? Does this tank my chances at reach schools? And yes I disclosed everything.

guynourmin

Gold

Re: Six undergrad honor code violations

Postby guynourmin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:59 am

--
Last edited by guynourmin on Thu May 11, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

springmatters

New

Postby springmatters » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:00 pm

One was a noise complaint, and the other was me leaving too much mess in an area of the dorms. I was never actually caught drinking or smoking, but I don't think that it will matter much when its on my judicial record.
Last edited by springmatters on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Platinum

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:02 pm

Probably no application-killers, especially if your C&F addendum took responsibility and indicated that you have done some growing up.

If alcohol-related incidents were bars to law school, there would be very few lawyers.

springmatters

New

Postby springmatters » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Probably no application-killers, especially if your C&F addendum took responsibility and indicated that you have done some growing up.

If alcohol-related incidents were bars to law school, there would be very few lawyers.

Thanks so much. My appetite has been shot for the past few days thinking about this. In my addendum I stated exactly that.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Disclose and don't think about it. Nothing here will hurt you unless you try to over-justify why they happened (caught smoking marijuana, but dumb because it should be legal!). I don't think I would say anything about them, really, except that they happened. You could say you've grown up and are a few years removed from the majority of the incidents or something like that, though.

springmatters

New

Postby springmatters » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:18 pm

guybourdin wrote:Disclose and don't think about it. Nothing here will hurt you unless you try to over-justify why they happened (caught smoking marijuana, but dumb because it should be legal!). I don't think I would say anything about them, really, except that they happened. You could say you've grown up and are a few years removed from the majority of the incidents or something like that, though.

Yeah I just stated each incident, date, sanction/outcome. And at the end said I did some growing up. Thanks a lot, I'm going to stop thinking about this.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�