Do schools ever revisit files post-decision?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Do schools ever revisit files post-decision?

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:35 pm

I sent my applications into a couple of schools back in October and am still waiting to hear back. During an interview for one of them, the admissions officer told me that this law schools (very small class sizes, known for its tight-knit community) highly values letters of rec from alumni.

Now that it's January, I was wondering if doing this is too late? I'm worried that the school already made a decision (Most likely a waitlist) and the letter won't do anything to change that...or would they actually revisit my file and consider the letter of rec.

What do you guys think??

mudiverse

Bronze

Re: Do schools ever revisit files post-decision?

Postby mudiverse » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm

As of now, you have no decision. If you have a LOR from an alumni get it sent pronto.

Don't assume waitlist, it could just as easily be a rejection. If I were in your shoes I would be hustling right now.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: Do schools ever revisit files post-decision?

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:38 pm

mudiverse wrote:As of now, you have no decision. If you have a LOR from an alumni get it sent pronto.

Don't assume waitlist, it could just as easily be a rejection. If I were in your shoes I would be hustling right now.

Thanks, I'm assuming waitlist because I was waitlisted last year. And the LOR has already been sent. Just wondering if it will make a difference at this point in my application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�