Quick application question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MrSam

Bronze

Quick application question

Postby MrSam » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Under the "Demographics" section in every application, we're asked to choose among, "U.S. Citizen", "Non-U.S. Citizen", and "Permanent Resident".
I'm a US Citizen. So, should I fill out the, "Permanent City," "Permanent Country," and "Permanent State/Province" boxes?
I would assume those are there for anyone who checked "Permanent Resident." But, another applicant mentioned that I should fill them out either way.

Here's to hoping I don't have to call the last set of schools that I applied to, to correct this screw-up...if it is one.

floatie

Silver

Re: Quick application question

Postby floatie » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:44 pm

I did not. Those questions are applicable to non-US citizens who are Permanent Residents (don't know all the details but its a separate thing). They'll already know where you're living from the contact info sections.

MrSam

Bronze

Postby MrSam » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:49 pm

floatie wrote:I did not. Those questions are applicable to non-US citizens who are Permanent Residents (don't know all the details but its a separate thing). They'll already know where you're living from the contact info sections.

I thought as much. After all, I already listed my "Permanent Address." Thanks!

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:50 pm

floatie wrote:I did not. Those questions are applicable to non-US citizens who are Permanent Residents (don't know all the details but its a separate thing). They'll already know where you're living from the contact info sections.

Didn't fill them out either, think it's for non US citizens. Also there's no star beside the box, which means its not required. Don't worry about this

MrSam

Bronze

Postby MrSam » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:01 am

StopLawying wrote:

Didn't fill them out either, think it's for non US citizens. Also there's no star beside the box, which means its not required. Don't worry about this

Thanks. Glad to know I don't have to call a handful of schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�