C&F & Dean's certification question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
springmatters

New

C&F & Dean's certification question

Postby springmatters » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello all,

During undergrad I had two instances where I was sanctioned for discipline problems, I had to write an essay each instance apologizing. Due to this, I have to check yes on one of the C&F questions. For Duke & Cornell, after checking "yes" I am simply prompted to either add an external document or explain within the allotted box. However, for NYU's they specifically state I must mail in a Dean's Certification statement. I was under the impression Duke and Cornell required it as well with the application? What gives? If anybody could help out I would greatly appreciate it.

blueapple

Silver

Re: C&F & Dean's certification question

Postby blueapple » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:25 am

I'm not sure I understand your question. What are you asking exactly?
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 am

springmatters wrote:Hello all,

During undergrad I had two instances where I was sanctioned for discipline problems, I had to write an essay each instance apologizing. Due to this, I have to check yes on one of the C&F questions. For Duke & Cornell, after checking "yes" I am simply prompted to either add an external document or explain within the allotted box. However, for NYU's they specifically state I must mail in a Dean's Certification statement. I was under the impression Duke and Cornell required it as well with the application? What gives? If anybody could help out I would greatly appreciate it.

If Duke and Cornell don't explicitly ask then they don't want one. This is the first test of law school: following directions

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:51 am

Duke, NYU, and Columbia want your school to send a dean's certification form directly to the school, in addition to your statement. They will put your file on hold until they get this document.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�