Dean's Certificate? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
templematt11

New

Dean's Certificate?

Post by templematt11 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Do all schools request them? I had one violation of student conduct and I am on the fence about disclosing?

poptart123

Silver

Re: Dean's Certificate?

Post by poptart123 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:54 pm

You must disclose is the school asks. Some schools ask for them with the application, others before you enroll. Some may not ask at all. However, you don't want to go to the state bar when you are $100,000 in debt and explain why you didn't disclose your conduct.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:15 pm

poptart123 wrote:You must disclose is the school asks. Some schools ask for them with the application, others before you enroll. Some may not ask at all. However, you don't want to go to the state bar when you are $100,000 in debt and explain why you didn't disclose your conduct.
lol at 100k

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:57 pm

templematt11 wrote:Do all schools request them? I had one violation of student conduct and I am on the fence about disclosing?
I mean you can't actually be on the fence about it. If you have a violation on your record you *have to* disclose or it *will* cause huge problems for you later.

What's your game plan for when you answer 'no' on C&F and then they call your bluff and ask the school for your report? That's an auto-ding.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”