January 5th Application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kpadoreo

New

January 5th Application

Postby kpadoreo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:48 am

Does it matter that I didn't hit send on my applications as soon as I got my LSAT score? My sister is proofreading my PS and optional essays, and it's taken her a few days longer than expected to get back to me with edits. Does a day or two really make a huge difference? I'm just worried that as soon as the score came out a lot of people's applications went complete or were sent out. But don't admissions people read them all first and then deliberate for a while/ send them to faculty etc.?

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Re: January 5th Application

Postby The_Pluviophile » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:24 am

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but I can't imagine a day or so will make much of a difference. Turning in a good essay (one without grammar/spelling mistakes, if nothing else) seems far worth the wait.

em15

Bronze

Postby em15 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:06 pm

so many people, me included, are still working on apps after getting our scores because we were waiting for scores to finalize our school list accordingly. You are just fine. I believe it doesn't get to be "late" until mid to late January. Perfecting all the pieces is so much more important.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:23 pm

First off, admissions committees don't read apps in the order they're received. So even if someone submitted yesterday and you submit next Monday, that person's app might be read after yours depending on your LSAT/GPA.

Second, you'll be better off waiting a few days to to submit your apps. Make sure you thoroughly review every piece of your app before submitting it. It'll be better in the long run. I don't think there's any real meaningful difference between submitting on 1/5 or submitting 1/10.

kpadoreo

New

Postby kpadoreo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:45 pm

Okay thanks for the info, that's a relief. I'm rushing to get them done anyway though, but will make sure to take the time to ensure they are well put together.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�