International Transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
plutarchy

New

International Transcripts

Postby plutarchy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:01 pm

I studied a year abroad and received 81 credits. However, these credits did not go towards my major. (They weren't counted at all.) Do I need to include my transcripts from this school? It's international so I think it will take a while for them to be received by LSAC. Also, I got an incomplete in 2 of the classes and I never really resolved the issue with the school because I didn't think I would be using the credits. Finally, is LSAC going to take these grades into account when it determines my cumulative GPA?

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Re: International Transcripts

Postby pleasesendhelp » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Yes, you have to submit them all. This question has been asked a thousand different ways, and no matter the unique situation it's always the same. Sucks since its always an inconvenience after so much time has passed, but you'll only shoot yourself in the foot if you don't.

Your incomplete classes shouldn't be included, but anything with a grade on either of your transcripts will affect your LSAC GPA.

plutarchy

New

Postby plutarchy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:57 am

ok thanks! I sent a transcript request form to the school so let's see what happens...

plutarchy

New

Postby plutarchy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:59 am

Also when you say "shouldn't be included" do you mean that they won't be counted by LSAC? or that they won't come up in my transcripts sent by the school?

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Postby pleasesendhelp » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:14 am

plutarchy wrote:Also when you say "shouldn't be included" do you mean that they won't be counted by LSAC? or that they won't come up in my transcripts sent by the school?

The law school will see everything you choose to submit through LSAC. When I say it shouldnt be included, I mean that your GPA should not be affected by them. If they are marked as punitive in any way on your transcript, then youll be screwed. If you check the LSAC website FAQ, theres a section that will say which is which.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�