LORs LSAC site anomaly

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rogah

New

LORs LSAC site anomaly

Postby Rogah » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:07 pm

I have three active applications on the LSAC site each of which requires at least one LOR, as indicated by the "LOR Requirements" link under the school's name on my Letters of Recommendation page. I have assigned no LORs to any school as yet. On my Letters of Recommendation page, two of the schools display a slash-in-a-circle icon, the hover-help for which is "LORs assigned is less than the school requires and the report may not be sent." The third school does not display this icon. Any ideas as to why not? (Note: I have a fourth active application for a school which doesn't require any LORs, and which, as expected, does not display the icon.)

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Re: LORs LSAC site anomaly

Postby BobBoblaw » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:17 pm

I do believe that some schools accept letters of recommendation that are mailed directly to them, not exclusively through the LSAC CRS
Last edited by BobBoblaw on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rogah

New

Re: LORs LSAC site anomaly

Postby Rogah » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:22 pm

BobBoblaw wrote:I do believe that some schools accept letters of recommendation that are mailed directly to them, not evasively through the LSAC CRS

Review of the Instructions from each school indicates that this is exactly right -- thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�