Transcript Anomalies -- Can You Help Me? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
i_Pernix

New

Transcript Anomalies -- Can You Help Me?

Post by i_Pernix » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Hey guys. I'm applying to law school. My GPA is great -- above a 4.0 (for LSAC recalculation) and 4.0 raw.

However, I have a non-punitive, passing 'W' for withdrawal (freshman year, just one class) because I didn't want to take the class anymore and it wasn't contributing to my major.

I also have an 'Incomplete - A,' for when I was non-punitively assigned an incomplete due to an emergency, but allowed to complete the final exam at a later date, at which my grade, an 'A,' was put next to the incomplete status.

Both of these are non-punitive, but will top law schools such as Yale and Harvard raise an eyebrow?

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Re: Transcript Anomalies -- Can You Help Me?

Post by pleasesendhelp » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:40 am

Seems like something that could easily be cleared up at an interview. If you get the LSAT you need, I doubt there will be a problem.

i_Pernix

New

Post by i_Pernix » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:03 am

I mean, do they even look at the transcript in such detail, or just the GPA?

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Post by pleasesendhelp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:08 pm

i_Pernix wrote:I mean, do they even look at the transcript in such detail, or just the GPA?
I do believe they will, but there are people who admit to crime and still get into YHS. One or two NON-punitive will not raise any eye brows. If it was a whole semester? But thats not the case, youre fine

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”