Looking for advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawlessmd

New

Looking for advice

Postby lawlessmd » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for a few months and just decided to post my questions so if it's in the wrong area sorry.

I am a non traditional undergraduate student and close to finishing my bachelors degree. My question is I will be graduating in June and want to know if it's best that I wait until September to do my LSATs I have a 3.4 GPA. I'm 28 and I don't know if I should apply to law school this year or wait until next year to apply

Pozzo

Gold

Re: Looking for advice

Postby Pozzo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:49 pm

lawlessmd wrote:Hi I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for a few months and just decided to post my questions so if it's in the wrong area sorry.

I am a non traditional undergraduate student and close to finishing my bachelors degree. My question is I will be graduating in June and want to know if it's best that I wait until September to do my LSATs I have a 3.4 GPA. I'm 28 and I don't know if I should apply to law school this year or wait until next year to apply

Unless you're able to take the February LSAT, you won't have a score in time to apply to law school this year. Focus on finishing your undergrad, and if you can take classes that boost your GPA a bit, that will help you when it comes time to apply. Then study and crush the LSAT in June or Sept. to apply next cycle (Fall 2018 start).

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:58 pm

lawlessmd wrote:Hi I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for a few months and just decided to post my questions so if it's in the wrong area sorry.

The February LSAT will make you ineligible to apply to a bunch of schools, plus it might not be enough time for you to master the LSAT. I'd focus on keeping your grades up next semester while studying for the LSAT. You should aim to take it in June, with September as an option for retaking if you're not satisfied with your score.

Don't worry about your age - there are plenty of law students who are older than K-JDs. Focus on getting into as good a law school as you possibly can!

lawlessmd

New

Postby lawlessmd » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Would my age affect my chances at big law

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:31 pm

lawlessmd wrote:Would my age affect my chances at big law

No

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�