Absolutely need to submit fall grades?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pilfin

New

Absolutely need to submit fall grades?

Postby pilfin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:46 pm

Would appreciate any insight on this. For context: Applying to the T6 and currently attending a solid MPA program (will be a joint student). My grades put me right near the bottom of HYS (~3.7).

I completely bombed a final exam, so it's quite possible I'll be receiving a C in a class. If I was an academic all-star, this probably wouldn't be the absolute end of the world, but seeing how I'm near the bottom of HYS for grades, it may be a deal breaker.

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the general necessity of sending in fall grades if enrolled in a graduate program. If things go south, I want to know what my options are. Thanks!

Clemenceau

Silver

Re: Absolutely need to submit fall grades?

Postby Clemenceau » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:55 pm

If its a class for a graduate degree, I dont think it will count towards your LSAC gpa, and thus be pretty inconsequential for law school admission.

Regardless, I don't think you really have to send in your fall grades unless a law school specifically asks you.

pilfin

New

Postby pilfin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:03 am

Thanks for your response. I haven't been able to find much about fall grades on TLS...is it generally common for them to ask?

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Postby KissMyAxe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:11 am

pilfin wrote:Thanks for your response. I haven't been able to find much about fall grades on TLS...is it generally common for them to ask?

It's relatively common for them to ask for undergrad seniors. I've never heard of them asking for fall grades for a graduate student.

pilfin

New

Postby pilfin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:13 am

Awesome, thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?